Definitely maybe Man City (H) 31/08 k/o 17:30 UK

So Liam and Noel’s lot here next.
Now I think someone may have mentioned on social media about a tour next year.
Blink and you will have missed it 😜
New and shiny Neil Maupay in from the start.
Failing that, got to go with the little and large combo; Bellamy & Wanchope.
Lomas back in in midfield.
Over to you’s..

Comments

• I can't see there being many changes from the opening league games, but you've got to think he'll want to get Fullkrug into the starting XI sooner or later.

I can't see either Rodriguez or Paqueta dropping out of the midfield, but you'd think Alvarez would start against these guys for a bit of solidity.

Areola; Wan-Bissaka Mavropanos Kilman Emerson; Rodriguez Alvarez Paqueta; Bowen Fullkrug Kudus
  • What no Stevie Lomas?

Seriously tho Rodriguez & Alvarez is definitely the way forward for this one imo
  • edited August 29
    Areola
    Wan-Bissaka - Mavropanos - Kilman - Emerson
    Álvarez - Rodríguez
    Bowen - Paquetá - Kudus
    Antonio

Fabiański, Todibo, Coufal, Ward-Prowse, Souček, Guilherme, Summerville, Füllkrug, Ings

Not sure Álvarez will start, though. I’d personally go for Antonio over Füllkrug for this one.
  • Personally I can't see why anyone would pick Antonio to start, it's like playing with 10 men.
  • edited August 29
    I think Lop will. He has a good record v City & I’ve seen nothing from Fullkrug so far. I think City would rather face Fullkrug.
  • What good record is that?
  • Maybe not good but he got a couple against them in 2020/21.

What’s the case for Füllkrug to start?
  • Lukerz said:

Maybe not good but he got a couple against them in 2020/21.

He's not Antonio 😂🤣😂.

Seriously though, from what Antonio has shown so far this season Fullkrug couldn't do any worse.
  • Lukerz said:

Maybe not good but he got a couple against them in 2020/21.

He holds the ball up, he wins most of his headers, doesn't fall over whenever he's touched and he hasn't passed into touch yet. 😂
  • I think he needs more time as not seen anything decent from him yet in his cameos or last night. But I don’t really mind whether it’s Antonio, Bowen or Fullkrug up top.
  • What’s the scorey morning glory?
  • edited August 30
    3 years since we beat them in the League Cup but 9 years since we beat them in the Prem

19 September 2015, Bilic vs Pellegrini
    2-1, Sakho (Payet), Moses (Obiang).- De Bruyne (Aguero)
    Hart was in goal for City which might have helped

We've not drawn since May 2022, lost the last four but at least we've scored in the last two

Rodri and Oscar Bobb are long term injuries

Kovacic had to go off with a knock against Ipswich and Foden missed last weekend with an unspecified illness.

None of which matters, the City juggernaut continues to roll

Apart from the FA Cup final and the Champions League QF they've not lost since Villa away in December and their last draw was Arsenal in March

I might watch this one at home

From behind the sofa
  • Some might say it's a lost cause, but hopefully Lopetegui has a masterplan. Keep it tight for the first 20 minutes, and then, little by little, we might be able to grow into the game. Just hope we don't wake up on Sunday and think 'where did it all go wrong'.
  • I think we’ll lose but it’ll be tight. 0-1.
  • Key to this game is belief. We have to believe we can beat them & be aggressive & be set-up in a way where we don’t just sit deep for 90 minutes. Intensity, aggression, concentration & use the pace & skill of Kudus & Bowen to cause them issues.
  • Osimhen > Chelsea
    Jackson > Villa
    Duran > West Ham

🤔
  • I’m so delirious with it all I’m posting on the wrong thread 🤦‍♂️
  • I thought we'd at least be treated to a different profile pic today 😂🤣😂
  • edited August 30
    lol that’s normally OCS with a pic of me 🤣
    Brings back memories, slimmer younger memories 🤣🤣
  • At least you can remember... O.o
  • Ha at least that is something yes
    For now 🥴
  • Ravel49 said:

lol that’s normally OCS with a pic of me 🤣
    Brings back memories, slimmer younger memories 🤣🤣

Surely you have a copy of it still. Go on, you know you want to 😂🤣😂.
  • Antonio as I suspected
  • Ravel49 said:

Their midfield obviously has so much talent but they don't have a proper ball winner and lack physically, Kudus may get a lot of joy with his runs from deep

Gonna be a massive task, but no Foden, Savio and Rodri only fit for the bench we gotta step to them and give then a game, sit in our own box we get picked apart, as they often do
  • Gutted that Antonio starts, I find it hard to believe.
  • Solid loss as usual against these
  • steve said:

WIN

Steady.