Man City - Away - Sunday 19th May - 16:00, possibly sort of televised, maybe

1235»

Comments

• Great players, great manager, impossible without enormous wealth. Almost like buying the title.

Like any team who's won the title minus Leicester

Like any team that's won it six times out of the last seven, you mean that kind of team?
  • MIAHammer said:

Nice to think that we definitely had a part to play in Arsenal not winning the title; our 2-0 away win certainly a factor.

3-1 FT.

I would have preferred that we played a part in Man City not winning the title.
    Why?
    Rice wants to win things, he did, but only with us, let him fester and stew 😁😁😁
    Nothing to do with Rice. I would prefer we beat Man City rather than being bystanders in this game. I prefer that we were able to look back and say we stopped Man City winning four on the trot.
    On the subject of Rice I have no animosity to him. He helped us win a trophy before moving on. He was a good servant to us and his sale helped us to reinvest in the team. He clearly outgrew us and I wouldn’t begrudge him some silverware.
  • MIAHammer said:

On the subject of Rice I have no animosity to him. He helped us win a trophy before moving on. He was a good servant to us and his sale helped us to reinvest in the team. He clearly outgrew us and I wouldn’t begrudge him some silverware.

I've no issue with Rice winning things in the future, but I must say I'm glad he didn't go straight to Arsenal and win something in his first season.

• IMO he left us in good standing and I simply wish him all the best, not just in three or four years time.