Man City - Away - Sunday 19th May - 16:00, possibly sort of televised, maybe

edited May 12 in Match Threads
Hells Bells, this is only the second time that I have managed a second consecutive match thread

So will it be the usual of having our pants pulled down, or will City have already won the PL and be on the beach for the day.

COYI

Comments

• edited May 12
    I think we are very much going to be making up the numbers here for the main event, but let’s give it a go at least.

Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Emerson
    Soucek - Alvarez - Ward-Prowse
    Kudus - Bowen - Paqueta

Fabianski, Casey, Johnson, Cresswell, Earthy, Cornet, Antonio, Ings, Mubama

City 2-0
  • Hells Bells, this is only the second time that I have managed a second consecutive match thread

So will it be the usual of having our pants pulled down, or will City have already won the PL and be on the beach for the day.

COYI

I reckon that if Citeh were literally on the beach, we've still be lucky to get a draw. =)
  • They still have the cup final .Only hope is Arsenal loose to Man U .And they rest the whole first 11 plus all the bench players =)
  • I am pretty sure we all wish the season had ended yesterday, I do not want the feel good factor to go away.
  • It would be so amazing for us to mess up the title for City! Do I think we'll do it? haha!
  • So over to us to hand Arsenal the title.....

• My ideal scenario. We beat City, Arsenal draw with Everton. City take title by one point.
    Monday morning City get docked 10 squillion points for financial naughties. Off they pop to the Blackpool and surrounding area Sunday league so other teams might have half a chance in the future. Arsenal win title by default so Artetta hasn’t actually won it and we won’t have to suffer him jumping about. Tottenham fans are incandescent with rage because despite everything Arsenal win the title. Every one a Maserati, Bonet de douche.
    Could happen!
    Oh what larks Pip. =)
  • A thumping 4-0 most likely, but a 2-2 is my dream
  • With all the results in tonight West Ham will finish ninth
  • If only we had won a few more games ,Burnley ,Sheffield utd ,Bournemouth .Spring to mind It could have been Europe again .But guess all teams think what might have been .Except Sheffield Utd that is
  • steve said:

If only we had won a few more games ,Burnley ,Sheffield utd ,Bournemouth .Spring to mind It could have been Europe again .But guess all teams think what might have been .Except Sheffield Utd that is

Don't forget that miserable showing at Notts Forest.
  • And the capitulation against Newcastle
  • Hells Bells, this is only the second time that I have managed a second consecutive match thread

COYI

I reckon that if Citeh were literally on the beach, we've still be lucky to get a draw. =)
    They could play barefoot with sombreros and have to carry a bottle of san miguel in their hands and would still beat us. They are a seriously good side and have shown it lately as they did last season, when other teams go all Spursy they just get better.

I hope for a 0-0, as I can't see us scoring if they do.
  • steve said:

If only we had won a few more games ,Burnley ,Sheffield utd ,Bournemouth .Spring to mind It could have been Europe again .But guess all teams think what might have been .Except Sheffield Utd that is

I sort of agree but also think we were damn lucky in some games too
  • We can’t move from 9th whatever happens so I’ll be watching comfortably knowing that but worryingly wondering how many we may get beaten by.
  • We can’t move from 9th whatever happens so I’ll be watching comfortably knowing that but worryingly wondering how many we may get beaten by.

I think that Pep will stop at a safe margin, around about 4 up =)
  • 13th May 2007 - Manchester United 0 - 1 West Ham Utd. Who’d have thunk that would happen.
  • edited May 17
    We were fighting for our lives at that game. Defeat would have relegated us. Utd weren’t going for the title.

I think that Pep will stop at a safe margin, around about 4 up =)
    Yeah but what will they do for the next 80 minutes?
    :anguished:
  • Ederson ruled out with fractured eye socket, De Bruyne back in training but not 100%

No other injuries or absences
  • Didn't seem to be any team news in Moyes's presser, guessing that means Mavropanos and Aguerd are still out.
  • Ederson ruled out with fractured eye socket, De Bruyne back in training but not 100%

It’s pretty ridiculous that the guy fractured his eye socket but they didn’t sub him off immediately. The concussion sub rules are stupid.
  • alderz said:

Ederson ruled out with fractured eye socket, De Bruyne back in training but not 100%

It’s pretty ridiculous that the guy fractured his eye socket but they didn’t sub him off immediately. The concussion sub rules are stupid.
    That's a pretty sweeping assessment imo. The fracture might well only have been apparent after an x-ray, and he may well not have suffered a concussion at all.
  • alderz said:

Ederson ruled out with fractured eye socket, De Bruyne back in training but not 100%

That's a pretty sweeping assessment imo. The fracture might well only have been apparent after an x-ray, and he may well not have suffered a concussion at all.
    This isn’t an isolated example though. There’s been plenty of cases of players continuing on and then getting taken off a few minutes later. It seems, to me at least, that managers and players are reluctant to commit to a substitution just in case they can continue. I’ve heard plenty of pundits - Shearer in particular - suggest that a temporary / rolling substitution for suspected concussions would be more effective in actually safeguarding players.

And in the case of Ederson, so let’s say he didn’t have a concussion, and let’s say the fracture wasn’t noticeable until a scan. Why did he get subbed off 3 minutes after he was assessed? Tactical reasons? Clearly he had a head injury of some kind, and couldn’t continue.
  • I do agree that there really should be the opportunity for a temporary substitution for a proper HIA as in rugby; if the player is OK then he can come back on, if not, then he was removed at the earliest opportunity (ie directly after the incident).
  • Areola,Fabianski
    Coufal , Johnson, Zouma, Ogbonna, Emerson
    Soucek, Rice (loan), Alvarez.
    Respect the point
  • Oops that's only 10. Plus Bowen as outfall
  • If you're going with 2 keepers, you may as well have 3 hahaha
  • Have a funny feeling we might just cause an upset here
  • Just imagine