Luton - Home - 11th May 15:00 - Not on the box

Been absolutely ages since I have started a match thread, but hardly surprising given my form for such.

So can I change my own luck, and that of the mighty Irons.

Let's see

COYI

Comments

• As much as I am fed up with Moyes, I do hope he gets a good send off. Until recently he has done well for the club and deserves credit for that. 5-0 the hammers.
  • Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Emerson
    Soucek - Alvarez - Ward-Prowse
    Kudus - Bowen - Paqueta
  • Barney said:

As much as I am fed up with Moyes, I do hope he gets a good send off. Until recently he has done well for the club and deserves credit for that. 5-0 the hammers.

Is he going then? 😂
  • Drop Paqueta and Soucek. Bring in Earthy and another youngster.
  • Just looked at my diary turns out yet another weekend that I don't have anything on .so I will be watching yet another West ham master glass .oh Lucky me =)
  • Drop Paqueta. His attitude stinks right now.
  • Paqueta is playing at a level where nobody will be brave enough to buy him for any sort of money
  • I wonder if Paqueta's attitude will improve, knowing that Lopetegui will be bringing a style of play more suited to his abilities. Assuming that he's still here next season I would think that he'd want to impress Lopetegui.
  • edited May 7
    I do wonder how much Moyes's imminent departure is effecting all the players' and coaches' attitudes, it cannot be a happy place to be right now
  • In a way I would have thought that it is good that the players have an idea as to the future, surely they should go into this game with the mindset that they are playing for their place.

Apart from that dynamic, it is the last home game of the season, they have had some good times under DM and, at least imo, owe it to themselves, DM and the fans to put on a decent performance.

3-0 to the mighty Hammers with Coufel to score his first and it will be a piledriver.

You heard it here first :-)
  • Reports seem to suggest that Coufal will be off this summer. I would love him to score before he leaves.
  • What reports ,Thought he had another year
  • steve said:

What reports ,Thought he had another year

I think we've exercised an option for another year, but at the same (relatively low) wage that he originally signed for. Apparently he was pushing for a 2 year deal on higher wages. It could well be that we've extended his contract so he doesn't walk for free this summer, with a view to selling him.

However, with all the work to do on the squad (especially given that Kehrer's obligation is all but triggered and Johnson seems a long way from signing a new contract), selling Coufal would leave us with no RBs at all. So under normal circumstances now would be a good time to sell him, this summer really isn't the time to add to the already long list of "ins" required imo.
  • Lukerz said:

Areola
    Kudus - Bowen - Paqueta

We have nothing to play for, other than money for league position. I would prefer to see some young players given a chance to see what they can do. May be even Coronet could be given a start.
  • edited May 9
    Seeing he was on the bench last week, I assume he is fit so would certainly like to see a bit more of Earthy.

He is bound to get a rousing reception
  • Pengeman said:

Lukerz said:

Areola
    Kudus - Bowen - Paqueta

We have nothing to play for, other than money for league position. I would prefer to see some young players given a chance to see what they can do. May be even Coronet could be given a start.
    Could be his crowning glory to score again. ;)
  • Pengeman said:

Lukerz said:

Areola
    Kudus - Bowen - Paqueta

Woud need kind hearts for that...
  • Bazshuayi said:

Pengeman said:

Lukerz said:

Areola
    Kudus - Bowen - Paqueta

Woud need kind hearts for that...
    Yeah, see what you did there.👏
  • In that case I’ll have a Guinness.
  • Back in September when we played Luton Rob Edwards was trying various formations but since Christmas he seems to have settled with a 3-4-2-1

Ross Barkely, CF Carlton Morris and LB/LM Alfie Doughty have all started the last six matches, LW Tahith Chong, CM/AM Jordan Clark, CB Reece Burke and CB Teden Mengi have started five of the last six while CB Daniel Osho and CM Albert Lokonga have both started the last three since recovering from injury

Joint top scorer Elijah Adebayo returned from a hamstring injury two weeks ago against Wolves, made his first start since February and scored last weekend

Absences include club captain Tom Lockyear, sidelined once again with his heart problems, RB/RM Issa Kabore (ankle), AM/RW Chiedozie Ogbene and CB Amari'i Bell (both thigh)

Starting XI vs Everton

Kaminski
    Burke Mengi Osho
    Omyedinma Lokonga Barkely Doughty
    Morris Chong
    Adebayo
  • Looks like we're stuck with Zouma and Ogbonna as our CB pairing for this one 😱😱😱:

"Lucas Paquetá seems OK and has trained for most of the week, but unfortunately we don't have Dinos [Mavropanos] or Nayef [Aguerd] back yet."
  • Yes I’ll watch it but can’t say I’ll be that bothered really.The season’s over as far as I’m concerned, and my interest will turn to The Euros.
    Be nice to send Moysey off with a home win though.
  • I suspect this is the last home game for a number of players. I'd like to see 343, so Cresswell, Ogbonna, Zouma and Coufal get a proper send-off.
  • Rob Andrews says RW/AM Chiedozie Ogbene is back in training and could feature but none of the other injured players are available
  • I suspect this is the last home game for a number of players. I'd like to see 343, so Cresswell, Ogbonna, Zouma and Coufal get a proper send-off.

Are all four definitely leaving?
  • edited May 10
    Creswell's and Oggy's contracts expire in the summer but Zouma signed a 4-year contract in 2021 while the club activated a 1 year extension on Coufal contract in January
  • I did read somewhere don't ask me where .That they could give Cressie one more year cause he is good in the dressing room .Whatever that means =)
  • Good with boots.
  • Looks like we're stuck with Zouma and Ogbonna as our CB pairing for this one 😱😱😱:

Could be worse,, we could have Casemiro and Evans

• Is it wrong to want Luton to stay up at Forests expense? Just askin'