Chelsea (A) 2pm Sunday 5th May not on TV (sorry Bubbles but there are a lot of injuries)

Of the eleven players who started against us back in August seven are on the sick list with another five to keep them company although on the Chelsea website five are listed as "in partial team training" and three "undergoing medical assessment"

Chelsea are at home to Spurs Thursday, Spurs winning would be helpful and I feel strange just typing that!

Comments

• Felt a bit strange reading it =)
  • Could be a Conference League decider. No idea what will happen, apart from Jackson getting a hat trick.
  • edited May 1
    I think Chelsea have to lose to both Spurs and us for us to have a chance of finishing above them. Even then it's likely to be for 8th, and no ECL.
  • Chance to do the double over them if things go our way again
  • Hopefully them playing Spurs in Thursday leaves them with a bit of a hangover

Deffo points available in this one for us, they are so inconsistent
  • edited May 3
    As I said at the start Chelsea have a few injuries and a look at the bench last night revealed the extent

Apart from 31yo 3rd choice keeper Marcus Bettinelli the oldest player was 21yo CM Cesare Casadei and he was the only outfield player with any first team experience (8 substitute appearances since returning from loan at Leicester in January).

CB Levi Colwill and Raheem Sterling could be fit for Sunday

CB Axel Disasi had a knock that kept him out of the Spurs game but no clue how serious it is

GK Robert Sanchez, RB Reece James, DM Lesley Ugochukwu and AM/LW Christopher Nkunku are back in training but no confirmation of when they could return

DM Romeo Lavia, CM Enzo Fernández and CB Wesley Fofana aren't expected back this season

RB Malo Gusto, CB Thiago Silva, LB Ben Chilwell, and AM Carney Chukwuemeka are all unknowns

On top of all that 20yo RB Alfie Gilchrist - who had his first Premier League start against Arsenal 10 days ago - had to go off injured last night

And despite all that they still beat Spurs!!!
  • From today's presser:

“On the two centre-backs, Dinos is making some progress and Aguerd isn’t available,” Moyes confirmed, speaking in his pre-match press conference.
  • Aslef, you've gone and done it again, haven't you? =)
  • Just reporting the facts

Pochetino was asked for the latest news on Nkunku and Colwill but rather than answering the question he praised the kids and said "Just because you’re a big name doesn’t mean you have the right to play". Hmmm

He also said we were "a strong team" and "have had a fantastic season".
  • Areola, Coufal, Zouma ©, Ogbonna, Emerson, Souček, Álvarez, Paquetá, Kudus, Antonio, Bowen
    Subs: Fabiański, Johnson, Cresswell, Ward-Prowse, Cornet, Ings, Earthy, Casey, Mubama

• Good to see Earthy on the bench ,But no Dino
  • Thiago Silva in for Alfie Gilchrist, otherwise same as Thursday

Petrovic
    Chalobah Silva Badiashile Cucurella
    Caicedo Gallagher
    Madueke Palmer Mudryk
    Jackson

Sterling, Nkunku, Disasi, Gusto, Colwill, Bettinelli (GK) and three kids on the bench
  • steve said:

Good to see Earthy on the bench ,But no Dino

Hopefully we will see him come on for 20mins or so, surely he will get a great reception and we will get an idea of what he can do
  • How was that not a booking for kicking the ball away?
  • Oh well.
  • Usual start. Behind already.
  • Bowen hits the bar.
  • You cannot give someone that much space just eight yards out, I think it was Alvarez who was caught wrong side effectively ball watching
  • You cannot give someone that much space just eight yards out, I think it was Alvarez who was caught wrong side effectively ball watching

I didn't think Zouma and Ogbonna covered themselves in glory either.
  • What a waste of a free kick.
  • How was Gallagher not booked there?
  • Ref left his cards at home.
  • Shocking pass by Antonio leads to a good Chelsea chance.
  • Every time Chelsea get the ball they just run straight through us.
  • For God's sake, can we not just keep the ball 😡
  • Ogbonna can barely stay on his feet.
  • MrsGrey said:

For God's sake, can we not just keep the ball 😡

We haven't been able to all season so I'm not sure we will be able to today.
  • And there's the second.
  • This is ridiculous.
  • Game over