Everton (A) 3pm Saturday 2nd March (not on TV)

Comments

• Wallop.
  • I know it was a cracker, but why take your shirt off and get booked?

I was shouting at him not to, but he didn't listen.
    He's off my Xmas card list now.
  • Let’’s see out this last few minutes now.
  • Soucek only knows how to play football when he's in the penalty area
  • And it’s three!
  • Happy for Alvarez. He’s got some engine.
  • Lads! Get in!
  • Great finish from Al-VAR-ez
  • Didn't see this coming tbh.
  • Pickford picking the ball of the net not once but 3 times =)
  • Great finish from Al-VAR-ez

We must be watching the same broadcast. I noticed that too.
  • Our away fans! <3
  • MrsGrey said:

Great finish from Al-VAR-ez

We must be watching the same broadcast. I noticed that too.
    I wouldn't mind so much if he at least stuck with it throughout
  • 3-1 FT. Must admit I'd be gutted if I was an Everton fan, shame 😂🤣😂.
  • Your welcome Luton =)
  • What a finale! Never gave up. We can score without Paqueta on the pitch. Well deserved win. Great goals by Soucek and Alvarz.
  • And to add to the joy.......Sutto predicted a 1-0 to Everton 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • edited March 2
    Dont win a game in 2024 for weeks and then 2 in a row #London Bus!
  • That was a hard fought win. Very flattering scoreline to us to be honest. We rode our luck at times.
    I thought Everton played pretty well.Especially closing us down when we had the ball. Our front players had very little time to dawdle on the ball.
    Areola was immense again although he still needs to work on handling corners. Alvarez and Soucek not far behind.
    Kalvin Phillips still not showing anything to suggest he should start for us let alone England.
  • It’s mad that this time five days ago some people didn’t think we’d score again this season
  • The BBC describes Soucek's goal as being hit with his instep; I thought he hit it with the outside of his right foot.
  • Takes us above our points tally for the whole of last season. (BBC said - i checked :+1: )
  • Well, that’s massive.
  • The BBC describes Soucek's goal as being hit with his instep; I thought he hit it with the outside of his right foot.

Unlike other broadcasters the BBC has a strict rule of impartiality

If someone claims it was with the outside of his right foot they have to have someone to counter claim it was the inside of his right foot and in extreme cases someone to claim it was with his left foot
  • GB news have no rule of impartiality and they have acredited Souceks goal to Jacob Rees Mogg.
  • At least it wasn't a loony left foot. Or even that right-foot goals are a no-goal area.
  • Great result and I am so pleased for both Soucek and Alvarez, I especially had to laugh at the two poor back to back corners that led to our third, tried hard to feel empathy for our evertonion compatriots, but failed miserably :-).

Was it a great performance?, certainly not apart from Areola who should be given the match ball, but I saw plenty of effort and I saw genuine pleasure at the result.

Two back to back wins, seven goals, six from open play but still a feeling that the record books will not tell the true story, I am hoping that these results give us the confidence we need to start believing in ourselves again, hopefully in time for our next steps in Europe.

PS, thought Antonio showed some hunger and flashes of what he is capable of and unfortunately, so did Kalvin Phillips

• Entertaining comments....astro get around to showing the game this afternoon. I shall enjoy watching 😁