Brentford (H) 8pm Monday 26th February live on Sky

edited February 21 in Match Threads
I started the thread for our last TV match and took one for the team against Arsenal so I guess I'll give it another shot

After 8 games without a win what could be better than a team that has beaten us in our last five league meetings

Since Ivan Toney returned Frank has played 3-5-2 and before Tuesday he hadn’t made a lot of changes to his starting XI. 8 players started the previous five games, another started four games and another three.

In those five matches Ivan Toney (2 in 3 against us) and Neal Maupay (4 in 6) scored 7 of Brentford’s 10 goals between them but against City Maupay was dropped for Yoane Wissa who had been at ACON

Two other changes against City was CM Frank Onyeka, also back from ACON, replacing Mattias Jensen and Danish international CB Zanka for Nathan Collins who had started 21 of the 24 games he’s been available this season

CB Ethan Pinnock had started 53 Premier League games in a row but has missed the last two with an ankle that will keep him out until next month and Kristoffer Ajer has been filling in.

Also on the injured list are LB Rico Henry, CM Joshua Dasilva and CF Bryan Mbeumo (3 in 5)

Best guess

Flekken
Collins Ajer Mee
Roerslev Onyeka Norgaard Janelt Regullon
Toney Wissa/Maupay???

I'm off work Monday so I'll be able to watch this down the pub

A draw would be nice!

Comments

• Aslef, if I were you, I'd put myself on standby to cover for any sick train drivers.
  • Was going to start this thread yesterday ,but decided not to as it seemed a lot of work so thanks ASLEF .Need a win so am going for a 2-1 win ,hope Paqueta can play some part
  • edited February 21

Aslef, if I were you, I'd put myself on standby to cover for any sick train drivers.

We've got plenty of drivers and not enough trains at the moment.

Loads of us sitting "spare" which is why I started typing the thread (daytime TV is rubbish)
  • Watch a replay of last years europa conferance final ,i hear its a good game =)
  • steve said:

Watch a replay of last years europa conferance final ,i hear its a good game =)

I did that on Monday to cheer myself up. 👍
  • Given the limitations of our squad and injuries the team that I would like to see:

Areola
    Coufal- Mavropanos - Aguera - Emerson
    Alvarez - Soucek
    Bowen - Kudus - Antonio
    Mubama

Zouma and Phillips have been poor. JWP has't done that much in the last few games. Soucek is hit and miss, but that's all that we have. But Mr. Moyes may have other ideas.
  • Paqueta could be back, Moyes in his presser this afternoon:

“But Lucas Paquetá is back in training and very close to returning, so that will give us a boost.
    He’s in contention [for Monday] and we’ll have to see where he is."

https://www.whufc.com/news/it-happened-david-moyes-pre-brentford-press-conference-2
  • We’ve lost all 5 PL games against Brentford and they’ve scored at least 2 in each of them so we really need a big effort on Monday.
  • I'm looking forward to Moyes outwitting the opposition and unleashing the true potential of his players. Don't think it will be in this fixture, though.
  • edited February 24
    Areola
    Mavropanos - Zouma - Ogbonna
    Coufal - Alvarez - JWP - Emerson
    Kudus
    Bowen - Antonio

Fabianski, Aguerd, Johnson, Cresswell, Soucek, Paqueta, Cornet, Ings, Mubama
  • Why Lukerz would you leave Paqueta on the bench, if fit?
  • edited February 24
    Lukerz said:

Areola
    Mavropanos - Zouma - Ogbonna
    Coufal - Alvarez - JWP - Emerson
    Kudus
    Bowen - Antonio

Fabianski, Aguerd, Johnson, Cresswell, Soucek, Paqueta, Cornet, Ings, Mubama

Moyes hasn't played with a back three all season, if he was going to do that he'd have done it away against a team above us so I doubt he's going to do it at home against a team five places below us

He is fairly predictable so most likely the same XI as Forest with Soucek in for Phillips
  • I think after 10 goals in 3 games conceded, he’ll go to a back 3.
  • He’s got to be considering Mavro & Ogbonna after the last few abject defensive displays. They both didn’t put a foot wrong during Xmas.
  • Lukerz said:

I think after 10 goals in 3 games conceded, he’ll go to a back 3.

11 goals actually
  • Bowen confident they can turn things around against Brentford on Monday night. I wish they’d stop talking and start playing.
  • Paqueta surely suggesting he'll be available for selection:

• Frank says he will have the same squad as against City with no new injuries but no one returning from injury.
  • Matchday, but, with our current run, if I'm being honest I'm struggling to raise any enthusiasm for watching the match.
  • edited February 26
    Paqueta starts, unfortunately so does Zouma:

Areola, Coufal, Mavropanos, Zouma ©, Emerson, Souček, Álvarez, Ward-Prowse, Paquetá, Kudus, Bowen
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Johnson, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Scarles, Earthy, Mubama, Ings, Antonio
  • edited February 26
    Paqueta starts. Aguerd is dropped.

West Ham United: Areola, Coufal, Mavropanos, Zouma, Emerson, Souček, Álvarez, Ward-Prowse, Paquetá, Kudus, Bowen
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Johnson, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Scarles, Earthy, Mubama, Ings, Antonio

Brentford: Flekken, Jørgensen, Ajer, Mee, Reguilón, Onyeka, Jensen, Nørgaard, Lewis-Potter, Maupay, Toney
    Subs: Strakosha (GK), Wissa, Ghoddos, Collins, Damsgaard, Baptiste, Janelt, Roerslev, Yarmolyuk
  • Hope the fans get behind the team ,Paqueta back should help .
  • I wonder what are the odds of both Maupay and Toney to score.
  • edited February 26
    MIAHammer said:

I wonder what are the odds of both Maupay and Toney to score.

About even money.

At least, that's all I'd offer 😂🤣😂😭😭😭

• Flekken
    Zanka Ajer Mee
    Regullon Jensen Norgaard Onyeka Lewis-Potter
    Toney Maupay

Janelt left out of the starting XI for the first time this season, Roerslev dropped to the bench after nine games

Be interesting to see who plays where as both Lewis-Potter and Regullon are primarily left sided players
  • Roerslev seemed to be a really niggly player in a recent game I watched, but they've still got Maupay, Reguilon and Toney so they're not going to be short in that department.
  • Switched on to watch the football and they are discussing poxy Chelsea v Liverpool. A boring 0-0 after 118 minutes, bore off!
  • Cornet has hardly played. Surely not injured?
  • Be nice to beat Brentford before I leave this earth =)
  • Pengeman said:

Cornet has hardly played. Surely not injured?

Must admit I was wondering where he was.