Other games this weekend 16th, 17th and 18th February

Brentford v Liverpool Saturday lunchtime with Salah on the bench

City v Chelsea teatime kick off

Sunday hardly inspiring with Sheffield Utd v Brighton and Luton v Man Utd

Most interesting game probably Monday night with Palace "sans Hodgson" away at Everton

Comments

• My comms, referring Darwin Nunez when he has the ball 'chaos in shoes'.

Hmm.

I then realised he'd said 'chaos ensues'.
  • Liverpool lead
  • Surely that shoulda been a penalty to Brentford, Robertson just flattened Toney, nowhere close to a tackle.
  • Seeing we've had a number of terrible games recently, Jahn Regensburg who are top of the 3rd German division were 3-0 up to Sandhausen today after 11 minutes. They ended losing the match 6-3. Sounds very much like the West Ham Way 🙈
  • That does sound like a 70s West Ham game haha
  • On our way down to 9th. Brighton 1-0 up and Sheffield Utd down to 10 men.
  • MIAHammer said:

On our way down to 9th. Brighton 1-0 up and Sheffield Utd down to 10 men.

Make that 0-2.
  • I remember the days when 9th was a miracle season…
  • Lukerz said:

I remember the days when 9th was a miracle season…

Except there's another 13 games to go at the end of which 9th may well be a miracle.
  • Man Utd score inside 40 seconds at Luton.
  • 0-2 inside 7 minutes.
  • Luton get 1 back
  • Luton get one back, 1-2.
  • Luton 2 down in 7 mins ,showing some fight ,Playing some neat stuff ,not afraid to get up the pitch ,if only we oh never mind =)
  • Casemiro gets a yellow then fouls a Luton player and gets away with it
  • Not related to the PL, but I think it’s so weird that people are genuinely blaming Harry Kane for Bayern being rubbish, and not blaming Thomas Tuchel. I get that it’s funny to laugh at Kane / Spurs, but the amount of stuff I’ve seen is so bizarre to me. I know who to blame, the guy who has little involvement in the build up play, is largely at the mercy of what his teammates do, and who scores more goals than anyone else.
  • edited February 19
    I'm not in any way blaming Kane, I just find it hilarious that, after years of not winning anything at Spurs, he moves to a side that's won its league title the last 11 seasons, he scores loads of goals, and suddenly Bayern Munich are 8 points behind the league leaders 😂🤣😂.
  • I'm not in any way blaming Kane, I just find it hilarious that, after years of not winning anything at Spurs, he moves to a side that's won its league title the last 11 seasons, he scores loads of goals, and suddenly Bayern Munich are 8 points behind the league leaders 😂🤣😂.

Oh, for sure it’s funny. I think it’s hilarious. But I’ve seen people going crazy about it online and going WAY too far (though obviously it being online sort of explains why)
  • Just as Everton seemed to be getting on top, Ayew scores a cracker for Palace, shame 😂🤣😂
  • Damn, Everton equalise, 6 mins plus added time to go.
  • Finishes 1-1, at least Everton didn't win.
  • We remained the only away team to lose.
  • alderz said:

Not related to the PL, but I think it’s so weird that people are genuinely blaming Harry Kane for Bayern being rubbish, and not blaming Thomas Tuchel. I get that it’s funny to laugh at Kane / Spurs, but the amount of stuff I’ve seen is so bizarre to me. I know who to blame, the guy who has little involvement in the build up play, is largely at the mercy of what his teammates do, and who scores more goals than anyone else.

I don't think anyone can blame Kane as he has done what he is supposed to do and score goals, lots of them, that's what makes it funny, just as at Spurs he is breaking goal scoring records but winning nothing, even with one of the most reliable trophy lifters in Europe.
  • Midweek football

City v Brentford tonight, Liverpool v Luton tomorrow, neither of which are on TV as Sky has the Autoglass Trophy/Johnstone's Paint Trophy/Leyland DAF Cup semis and TNT has Champions League Round of 16
  • would love Luton to get something .
  • Would be nice for a couple of Brentford players to pick up knocks that rule them out of Monday's game.
  • On Kane - I have no respect for anyone who goes to Bayern to win trophies. You go to a team that has completely dominated that league, so you make no difference to whether they would win or not. It’s the emptiest of trophies unless you win the CL. So for him to still not win something is quite funny.
  • Downes has missed tonight's match and the two previous games after going off injured in the 5-3 win against Huddersfield. These 3 matches have seen Southampton lose their long unbeaten run against Bristol City, and they're currently 2 down at home to Hull. Looks like they could be missing him tbh.
  • edited February 21
    Watching the Liverpool Luton game. ( Dunno why, as one of my ff teams has Jota and the other has Darwin as triple captain. Both have Robertson.)

But anyway.

Should the Liverpool GK have done better there?
  • Yes he should