Bournemouth (H) 7:30pm Thursday 1st February 2024

12346»

Comments

• Come on MIA, less than 48 hours until the Man Utd game!
  • I know that we were missing forward players vs Sheff Utd and Bowen was only just back but the draw with them allied to last nights vs Bournemouth (which we didnt atually deserve to win) has left me feeling pretty deflated. On paper, especially with the games we have coming up, they were potentially 6 points we needed to keep a cushion for our league position (I'm still majorly surprised we are 6th). I know its not a good idea to have such lofty hopes but it smacks of the last time we were up there and didnt boost our squad in a window. I'm not suggesting it has the same elements but, as said, just feeling deflated (maybe frustrated too).

Maybe its greedy of me to want us to qualify for Europe via the league again?
  • Moyes likes his favourites. Unfortunately he has one too many favourites in midfield now, and they looked utterly confused. We played better when using 4-3-3. Sorry to sound grumpy, but that annoyed me more than the ref.
  • edited February 3
    The Bournemouth game I am not bothered by the draw, it was just the disappointing performance.

Their recent results:

2-0 W v Newcastle
    3-1 W v Sheff United
    2-2 D v Villa
    2-0 W v Palace
    3-0 W v Man United
    3-2 W v Forest
    3-0 W v Fulham
    3-1 L v Spurs (but battered Spurs, 24 shots to 12)
    3-2 W v QPR
    4-0 L v Liverpool
    5-0 W v Swansea

To say they are no mugs is a massive understatement.