Bournemouth (H) 7:30pm Thursday 1st February 2024

Comments

• edited February 1
    Bournemouth score after we mess around at the back, but it's disallowed, will VAR allow the goal?
  • Hmm, not a great start from Phillips.
  • What a disaster!
  • Great start, both for us and for Phillips's West Ham career.
  • I thought that goal was down to Zouma selling Phillips short. Played the ball into space and he must have been aware of the Bournemouth players around his teammate.
  • You can hear a pin drop

• Fortunately, the game is longer than 5 minutes, and the season doesn't end tonight 🙏
  • edited February 1
    steve said:

Awful

You've got MacManaman on comms too, then.
  • I thought that goal was down to Zouma selling Phillips short. Played the ball into space and he must have been aware of the Bournemouth players around his teammate.

Was a dreadful ball by Zouma for sure, but not great for Phillips that he's given an assist to the opposition inside 4 minutes of his debut.

• The ref is giving us nothing
  • We shouldn’t have to rely on the ref.
  • Could have been 2 down
  • Everytime a Bournemouth player gets touched he's blowing for a foul.
  • MrsGrey said:

steve said:

Awful

You've got MacManaman on comms too, then.
    I've got Tony Gale

That was my thought too.
  • We've been pretty poor so far.
  • Can we please wake up
  • edited February 1
    Been a pretty poor 2024 so far. I was hoping for a better February than we had in January
  • We shouldn’t have to rely on the ref.

We should rely on them to apply the laws of the game fairly to all.
  • We’ve been really poor, but what is with the ref. He seems to hate West Ham
  • Can't remember a worse first 25 mins
  • So easy for Bournemouth, their midfield have 10 yards of space to play in, our midfield so static I don't think any of them have moved out of the 10 by 10 feet of grass surrounding them that they started the game on.
  • Been a pretty poor 2024 so far. I was hoping for a better February than we had in January

It's the 1st of February 😂
  • I know it’s the 1st but with virtually a 2 week break I thought we might come back and starts afresh after a lousy January but we look worse if anything.
  • Its not surprising when we don't have a create player in midfield and we dont have any pace on the left.
  • Great save by Areola, we should be 2 down.
  • We have no one the left. We'd be better off with Scarles on the left.
  • edited February 1

We have no one the left. We'd be better off with Scarles on the left.

And now we shoulda levelled, good cross by JWP from the left, but Bowen doesn't connect with his header.

• Moyes needs to get into them at half time