• Well that didn't take long...
  • Tomkins coming off the bench at Emirates, first appearance since August
  • edited January 20
    Yikes, Arsenal now 5-0.
  • Roy must be done now
  • If you listen very carefully, you can hear Hamstew laughing his head off
  • For some reason there are no Premier League 3pm ko. Odd
  • For some reason there are no Premier League 3pm ko. Odd

Not really, the same as last weekend, there are only 5 matches, so all of them can be in TV slots.
  • Watching Sheffield Wednesday against Coventry. The commentators( dunno who they are) have obvious connections to Wednesday and the bias in their commentary is a joy to behold. It’s in stark contrast to the normal commentaries that we get and it’s absolutely hilarious!😂
  • Well, the return of Ivan Toney has lived up the hype so far.
  • Got to be one of the worst defensive walls ever built. 😂
  • Slacker said:

Watching Sheffield Wednesday against Coventry. The commentators( dunno who they are) have obvious connections to Wednesday and the bias in their commentary is a joy to behold. It’s in stark contrast to the normal commentaries that we get and it’s absolutely hilarious!😂

That'll be Andy Hinchcliffe then.
  • According to the bbc sports reporting, Toney moved the ball miles away from where it should have been taken. I'm not watching, so haven't seen it myself.
  • According to the bbc sports reporting, Toney moved the ball miles away from where it should have been taken. I'm not watching, so haven't seen it myself.

They’re talking on NBC about this.
    Robbie Mustoe saying it’s blatant cheating and VAR should call it. Robbie Earle saying it’s okay. Toney moved the ball to his right twice whilst the referee was trying to set the wall.
  • Apparantly he moved the foam as well.
  • Surely if the ref was setting the wall the keeper should have still lined it up properly..?

That's not part of the list of things VAR look at though.
  • Weak defending lets Chris Wood score a header.
  • MrsGrey said:

Weak defending lets Chris Wood score a header.

I thought we're not playing until tomorrow 😂🤣😂.

• Funny you say that.

I was watching the last half hour and trying to decide who I wanted to win... Part of me wanting Forest to lose was a visceral reaction to Wood who always scored against us.

(I know he probably didn't, but that's the ?false memory implanted in my mind.)
  • MrsGrey said:

(I know he probably didn't, but that's the ?false memory implanted in my mind.)

7 in 14 against us. Only scored more against two clubs.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-wood/bilanz/spieler/108725
  • Southampton are on a great run at present of 21 game without defeat, a 1-3 away win at Swansea to day with our on loan Flyn Downes scoring the final goal. Harrison Ashby played for Swansea as Newcastle have loaned him out for game time. Loans don't always go as hoped but Downes is working out perfectly as he is getting regular football, doing really well in a successful team. He will either return more able to fight for a place or at least increase his value for a sale.
  • Anybody bettered his record against us?

Particularly if they don't score against lots of other clubs. So I'm sure Salah, Kane, Aguero etc have a good record, but what about the not-20-goal-a-season guys.

I'd guess, Callum Wilson, Vardy, Giroud, ..

then players like Maupay, Trossard - guys who couldn't buy a goal until they played us.

Honestly, supporting West Ham will turn any optimist into a glass-half-empty person, I fear!
  • Welbeck https://www.premierleague.com/news/3846457

Going down a google rabbit hole.
  • Yup, Callum Wilson (as of Oct 2023) : West Ham are arguably Wilson’s favourite Premier League opponents thanks to his record of 12 goals in 13 games in a United and Bournemouth shirt.
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/callum-wilson-west-ham-record-27863191
  • If only we had someone who always scores against another team
  • Lukaku’s record against us must be good
  • alderz said:

Lukaku’s record against us must be good

11 in 17. He’s scored more against us than any other club.
  • Just watched the Forest game and re Toney moving the ball, I do not have that much of a problem with him moving the ball to get an edge, but moving the ball, then moving the refs marker and then moving the ball a second time is over the line in my book.

The refs back was turned so I can excuse him but the wall was looking right at the ball and should have moved a couple of feet to compensate, it was certainly cheeky, I think the Brentford players deliberately distracted the ref, but ultimately I blame the goalie for not setting the wall correctly.

I did not have a dog in the fight but after this incident, I really wanted Forest to get back in it.

All in all an enjoyable watch, had everything, some quality goals and just a hint of scandal.

• Have just watched the Toney goal, I don't think it should have stood. The wall was lined up according to where the ball was originally, the ref is then distracting the wall by making sure it's the right distance back, and while that's going on Toney moves the ball so the wall is now no longer correctly positioned.
  • Moving the referee’s marker as well as the ball was cheating, and at the least a yellow card offence surely.