SC Freiburg (H) 8pm Thurs 14th Dec

13»

Comments

• I'd much rather have seen Cornet get 20 mins than Ings.
  • A set piece straight off the training ground, not.
  • That Doan player is very good wouldn't mind seeing him in our colours
  • edited December 2023
    Cornet and Kehrer being readied to come on, for all of 3 minutes.

Edit: on for Kudus and Coufal.
  • Brighton have scored in the 88th minute to lead 1-0, needing to beat Marseille to top their group.
  • Fizzled out a little bit, which is probably to be expected. A very good performance though, and an excellent result.
  • 2-0 FT. 😊😊😊
  • I think we'll start seeing the best of Alvarez now that he's not flying to and from Mexico every few weeks.
  • Very comfortable & classy for periods, especially in the first half.

Just what was needed after Sunday.
  • Credit where it is due, that was the best performance I have seen this season, especially the first half, we played with purpose and looked comfortable in possession and scored a couple of quality goals against a good side and could have had a couple more.

We also finally provided proof that we can actually pass to each other. Who knew!!

My commentator mentioned that the noise was principally coming from the away fans, I assume that our lot were stunned into silence!

In all seriousness, that was a really great performance on the back of the shellacking at the weekend, really well done everyone…

COYI.
  • This half shows what Ajax are missing this season. Really enjoying this. Almost a pity I don't have to go to work tomorrow, I could wear my Hammers Christmas jumper. 😅

Go in anyway. =)
  • I've been looking through a Freiburg forum and they are giving us heaps of praise. Very good read, that. I saw someone saying that if we playlike we did yesterday then there were very few teams that could beat us.
  • Their support looked superb from the TV pictures, very vocal, supportive and not allowing the score to dampen that nor stop them having a good time.
  • Respect to the away fans

This was Freiburg's third time in Europe but the first time they've ever played away in England so for some it might have been their first trip to London

Last season they were drawn in a Group with Olympiacos so they already knew Athens/Piraeus