ACON January 2023

Comments

• Does this mean Kudus is definitely coming home?
  • Lukerz said:

Does this mean Kudus is definitely coming home?

Yes
  • What a result.
  • He's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming, Kudus is coming home!!!
  • Mental game from the 84th minute onwards, 1-1 at that point:

85m Gambia 2 Cameroon 1
    87m Gambia 2 Cameroon 2
    91m Gambia 2 Cameroon 3
    93m Gambia 3 Cameroon 3
    94m Gambia 2 Cameroon 3 (Goal ruled out by VAR)
  • I don’t know how that player thought he’d get away with that handball for the ruled out goal 😆
  • I don’t know how that player thought he’d get away with that handball for the ruled out goal 😆

Henry did. 😂
  • Someone punched one in from very close range against us as well late on in a game to either nick a point I think, or maybe even take all 3, memory is going as I can't remember who the player or team was. Feels like it was someone who always scores against us (I know there are plenty), and the team were a bit of a bogey team for us as well at that time.
  • That was Calum Wilson for Bournemouth. He not only hand balled it in, he was offside and the ref and linesman had a convo, knowing he was both offside and handled it and still decided to give it.
  • That was Calum Wilson for Bournemouth. He not only hand balled it in, he was offside and the ref and linesman had a convo, knowing he was both offside and handled it and still decided to give it.

Cheers Preston, that's the one.
  • I'm sure that chap Maradona did it once too....
  • As did our very own Geoff Hurst.
  • Yeah but thats ermmm different ;)
  • Yes he only did it with the first of 6 he scored that day.
  • Ghana sack Houghton
  • Ghana sack Houghton

Great news, after refusing to allow Kudos to play in West Ham’s game, I’ll shed no tears for him

• Kudus wasn't fit enough to play anyway.
  • IronHerb said:

Kudus wasn't fit enough to play anyway.

Doesn’t change what Houghton did

• Quite right DJ, I agree. Let's hope he comes back fit and ready to go.
  • Have you thought that maybe Hughton knew Kudus was injured so knew he wasn't going to play anyway? Haven't seen anywhere that Hughton himself say Kudus couldn't play.
  • I don’t think he said he couldn’t play per se but insisted he report for flying out.
  • Ivory Coast are sweating on the result of Morocco v Zambia this evening; anything other than a win for Morocco will see the hosts eliminated in the group stage.
  • Morocco delivered, Ivory Coast sneak through to the playoffs but they've got Senegal, the only team to win all three Group matches
  • Morocco delivered, Ivory Coast sneak through to the playoffs but they've got Senegal, the only team to win all three Group matches

Quite amusingly, they'd already sacked their coach after their last group game 😂🤣😂.

• Morocco still 0-0 against South Africa into the second half; if there's another upset Aguerd could be heading back tomorrow.
  • Morocco still 0-0 against South Africa into the second half; if there's another upset Aguerd could be heading back tomorrow.

South Africa take the lead.
  • Penalty for Morocco
  • He hits the crossbar, still 1-0 to South Africa, 5 minutes plus added time left.