ACON January 2023

Comments

• I'm not saying Kudus is looking to leave yet. Just that if you do well in a tournament inevitably the big boys come knocking. If he does have a release clause, I hope its a stupidly large one!
  • Fair play to WHU to get Kudus.

Possibly the best transfer this season so far for the money.
  • Mozambique v Ghana 8pm tomorrow, anything other than Ghana's losing and they are probably through to the playoffs

Come on, The Mambas!!!
  • Mozambique v Ghana 8pm tomorrow, anything other than Ghana's losing and they are probably through to the playoffs

Come on, The Mambas!!!

I'm not so sure, a draw could easily see them go out.

• If Egypt win then the best Ghana can hope for is 3rd. But only 4 of the 6 teams in 3rd qualify so it would definitely become quite tricky.
    I really don't line the idea of 3 teams going through out of a group of 4. Makes the entire group phase irrelevant imo
  • edited January 21

If Egypt win then the best Ghana can hope for is 3rd. But only 4 of the 6 teams in 3rd qualify so it would definitely become quite tricky.
    I really don't line the idea of 3 teams going through out of a group of 4. Makes the entire group phase irrelevant imo

Completely agree, and, thanks to that idiot Infantino increasing the number of teams at the next World Cup, we'll have the same situation there. The tournament proper should have 8, 16 or 32 teams in it (depending on the tournament itself), and qualifying should be structured to get the correct number of teams there.

A win for Ghana tomorrow almost certainly sees them progress to the knockout rounds, a draw, if Eqypt also manage at least a point, and they're likely to go out unless results in the final round of matches in the other groups really go their way.
  • Ghana winning in their final group game, will be enough to see them progress as things stand.
  • edited January 22
    Ghana with a second penalty halfway through the second half after Mozambique had been looking threatening since the break. 2-0.
  • edited January 22
    Now Mozambique get a penalty in the 90th minute, 2-1.
  • And now it's 2-2.
  • Kudus should be back for the Bournemouth game.
  • 2-2 FT. As I see it Ghana need a draw between Gambia and Cameroon, and for Morocco to beat Zambia to progress as a third placed team.
  • Ghana looked to have done a West Ham hahaha
  • Ghana looked to have done a West Ham hahaha

Personally I thought they went all Spursy.

• That's really good news and could make a real difference to us having him sooner as we have really missed him I feel.
  • And now it's 2-2.

Looking at the line ups, you wonder how Ghana did so badly.
  • as long as one of Cameroon or Gambia win (and one of them does need to win as a draw doesn't do anything for either) then Ghana are on their way home.
  • Perhaps a mod could get rid of all these posts about how happy we are that Kudus could soon be back .He loves his country and wanted them to do well .Then we could add a few in like oh what a shame really wanted Ghana to go all the way .Just in case he reads this site =)
  • steve said:

Perhaps a mod could get rid of all these posts about how happy we are that Kudus could soon be back .He loves his country and wanted them to do well .Then we could add a few in like oh what a shame really wanted Ghana to go all the way .Just in case he reads this site =)

I have always wondered who was truly behind the "thornburyiron" account, and now it finally makes sense.
  • 2-2 FT. As I see it Ghana need a draw between Gambia and Cameroon, and for Morocco to beat Zambia to progress as a third placed team.

Gambia v Cameroon underway, 0-0 after 10 minutes, a win for either team sends Ghana home.

• Gambia v Cameroon underway, 0-0 after 10 minutes, a win for either team sends Ghana home.

0-0 HT. Someone, anyone, score please.

• Cameroon have done just that
  • About time =)
  • Unfortunately Gambia have as well now.
  • They’ve both scored again.
  • Jeez, it's 2-2 now, 2 goals in 2 minutes.
  • edited January 23
    3-3 now, 94th minute

Edit, ruled out by VAR I think
  • Yes, but what a gamefor neutrals.