Other matches 2nd & 3rd December; 5-6-7th as well.

Comments

• It’s 3-3 now
  • This is why Spurs don't bother to defend. Their philosophy seems to be ' we'll just outscore you'.

Madness.
  • edited December 2023
    Shocking by the ref, blowing for a foul on Haaland when Grealish was clean through on goal.
  • OMG, really, really shocking call right at the end, Ref blew for a Citeh free kick with Grealish through on goal,

Unbelievable
  • edited December 2023
    If I was the cynical type, I'd say Hooper's bank account has just swollen a fair amount. 😉
    Absolutely shocking decision.
  • Does seem poor.

Did he not see Grealish so far ahead? Is there maybe a thing that the advantage only comes into pjsy higher up?
  • It was an unbelievably bad decision, truly, truly awful.
  • For those who didn't see it. I also think I was happy to see the players telling him he was wrong. it would have been a shame to see them all sin binned if only the Captain can remonstrate with the ref. I don't want see all the passion taken out of the game, although it has to have limits and the ten men Man Utd old style intimidation huddles can't be allowed to happen.

https://x.com/Priceless_MCI/status/1731379199888285997?s=20
  • Madness! The ref signaled advantage and then blew as soon as Haaland made the pass.
  • Yes, I thought I saw that but was second guessing myself.
  • City stuff aside, Wow at the Liverpool goals (just sayin)
  • edited December 2023
    It's hilarious when the camera pans across the fans in the stand when Luton score. Such a contrast to the PL grounds we are used to seeing. It's like an fa cup game
  • Raya so weak there.
  • moved the women's match discussion over to its own thread.
  • Even weaker with that one.
  • Crumbs, Luton defenders decided they'd stop for a brew.
  • gutted for Luton
  • edited December 2023
    'Tis a cruel game, sometimes.

That was scored in the 7th minute of (minimum of) 6 minutes added time.

I can't help but think the point would have been more valuable to Luton than the 3 to Arsenal, but we'll see at the end of the season.
  • Personally, I was happy they grabbed a winner. Any team that stays in front of Man City.... :)

My length of desire to see City fail to win the title means (apart from Spurs which wont happen anyway) virtually any team has my support who does it :)
  • Bazshuayi said:

My length of desire to see City fail to win the title means (apart from Spurs which wont happen anyway) virtually any team has my support who does it :)

Tbh, that's exactly how I feel about Liverpool, but I also really don't want to see Arsenal win it this season; it doesn't feel right to want Rice to win the PL having left us in the summer.

• I was pleased for Declan , he was beaming from ear to ear and has imo made a good decision having left us (with 105 million) in the summer after serving us so well.
  • It looks like he did make a good decision and I suspect if anyone can help them close the gap on City it's him. I think he is the best English player out there and I am glad we helped him become that, and that he helped us achieve what we have in achieving and succeeding in European football again.

• Watching Brentford and Brighton play love how they both approach the game proper football sides.
  • Bearing in mind we're playing them on Sunday, I hope Fulham are using up all their luck tonight rather than kick-starting their season, they're currently 4-0 up against Forest.
  • They’ll have an extra day’s rest for a start
  • Bazshuayi said:

Tbh, that's exactly how I feel about Liverpool, but I also really don't want to see Arsenal win it this season; it doesn't feel right to want Rice to win the PL having left us in the summer.

I understaand we all have our reasons for not wanting teams to win things (or certain players too)

In the 70s/80s I wanted anyone to win the title etc rather than Liverpool and that soon transferred on to Man Utd in the 90s
  • edited December 2023
    I dont begrudge Declan Rice winning the title. Yes, it more than justifies his move but it was pretty plain to see that Arsenals young squad had massive potential. I havent got any history of not liking Arsenal and if thry win the title then I'lll be cool with it
  • Well done the Villa tonight. Deserved the win!
  • After Bournemouth beating Palace at home I really feel we gave away two points at the weekend.