January 2024 window (cos we're talking about transfers on other threads and it's less 2 months away)

2»

Comments

• Apparently we’ve extended Fornals contract by a year, as we had an option
  • alderz said:

Apparently we’ve extended Fornals contract by a year, as we had an option

Must've missed that
    Feel in general the club haven't been very vocal about contracts and extensions

Has Souceks extension even be officially announced?

Pretty sure we extended Coufal/ Antonio/ Cresswell 1-year options without announcing it. Again I think Coufal/Antonio have a other 1 year option this summer
  • Tbf, I only saw it on the gossip column yesterday in a rumour that we’ve extended his contract so we can sell him for money in January.
  • alderz said:

Tbf, I only saw it on the gossip column yesterday in a rumour that we’ve extended his contract so we can sell him for money in January.

You cynic ;)
  • Apparently we are willing to listen to offers on Cornet, hardly a smoking gun and a headline best suited to a slow news day, but he has clearly failed to impress.
  • Apparently we are willing to listen to offers on Cornet, hardly a smoking gun and a headline best suited to a slow news day, but he has clearly failed to impress.

He doesn't seem to have been given much of a chance.
  • True as regards actual playing time but I’m assuming that he has mostly failed to impress in training otherwise surely we would have seen more of him.

To be fair, when he has come on, aside from that cross, he has managed to get himself into a couple of promising positions and mostly fluffed his lines
  • Benrahma to Lyon in January doing the rounds although Ex mentioned it as a possibility two weeks ago
  • Don’t tease me
  • I used to like Benny. Then again, I used to like Miss Diane too (one for the older mentally scarred by Crossroads peeps)
  • Benni is a very good player with just too little end product, an upper end Championship should be all over him however.

A bit like Lanzini he will always have a place in our history due to this. Cool and precise.

• Oh, happy days 😀🎉
  • Southampton fans are very happy with Downes and many comparing him with JWP, all wanting to sign him but doubting we would let him go. One even stated he thought he was the stand out player in the Championship.

Very happy he is playing and working out well for them. Much better than warming our bench.
  • If the saints go up ,I can see them signing him ,what did we pay for him around 10 mil Would be okay with getting our money back
  • We might need him if Paquetá leaves.
  • I have to admit I've always been fond of Downes and, as a defensive MF, I dont think we should bin him unless we get a sizeable profit from Soton
  • steve said:

If the saints go up ,I can see them signing him ,what did we pay for him around 10 mil Would be okay with getting our money back

We will need replace squad members if formals and Benni are allowed to leave and he may be a good squad player and cover for JWP. If I were him however I would want more than that.
  • I see him as potentially better than Soucek and obvious cover for Alvarez. I'd be happy to see him back in January.
This discussion has been closed.