Newcastle (H) 2pm Sunday 8 Oct (not on TV)

Comments

• Chicago being in an offside position when the kick was taken doesn’t make him offside as the ball did not directly go to him. It’s this bit that’s important “If the ball is deliberately played by a member of the opposing team, an attacker cannot be offside.” Aguerd headed the ball.

Your point is correct, but I think it was Alvarez not Aguerd.
  • Why is MOTD talking about a "Newcastle" European hangover when we literally played in Europe 24 hours after them and actually had to fly to Europe.
  • Referee's are getting worse and seem to lack any courage whatsoever.

https://x.com/SkySportsPL/status/1711067509145665569?s=20
  • Best thing about Kudus goal is ASLEF Starts another thread
  • I understand that the ball came directly from us but I am obviously mistaken, as I thought the free kick itself would constitute an earlier passage of play and to my eye, he was in an offside position when the kick was taken.

• I understand that the ball came directly from us but I am obviously mistaken, as I thought the free kick itself would constitute an earlier passage of play and to my eye, he was in an offside position when the kick was taken.

Second phase and all that, he didn't challenge for the initial ball, so he wasn't active (is my understanding).

• When I saw Bankes was reffing, I told her-with-the-remote to expect at least 5 poor decisions. That number was reached in 30 minutes, and then I gave up counting. 😡
  • Good news.

Alvarez avoided a 5th yellow card so will be available for the Villa game in two weeks

Now he can get booked and miss Everton at home the week after
  • Good news.

Alvarez avoided a 5th yellow card so will be available for the Villa game in two weeks

Now he can get booked and miss Everton at home the week after

I haven’t checked this so could be wrong, but I think Emerson is also on 4 yellows now too.
  • Alvarez headed the ball to Isak for their first, not Aguerd.
    Aguerd seems to have taken over the 'whipping boy' role from Soucek now he's scoring a few goals which I for one feel is unjust.
  • Referee's are getting worse and seem to lack any courage whatsoever.

https://x.com/SkySportsPL/status/1711067509145665569?s=20

The inconsistency with refereeing is terrible. I know referees will see things different from each other, but they're not even consistent in their own game they are refereeing.
  • Lukerz said:

I also see no Fab, Mavropanos, Cresswell or Johnson on the bench. All injured?

My comm team said Fab got injured in warm up, not sure about our Greek boy ? The other 2 we know they’re both injured….
  • IronHerb said:

Aguerd seems to have taken over the 'whipping boy' role from Soucek now he's scoring a few goals which I for one feel is unjust.

I agree. I think Aguerd is really good and that we are a much better side with him in it. Yes, he's had a couple of errors, but I think he's mostly playing well. He was runner up in the Freiburg MOTM thread.
  • Don’t think he’s become the whipping boy whatsoever, but I do think he is more prone to the odd gaffe or loss of concentration that some others….But there’s a good player inside him, he’s just IMO gotta be a bit more consistent…
  • edited October 2023
    alderz said:

I haven’t checked this so could be wrong, but I think Emerson is also on 4 yellows now too.

Just checked, Yes, he is and so is Paqueta.

They will miss one game each soon, hopefully they manage to space it out between Villa 22 Oct and Spurs 5 Dec.
  • edited October 2023

alderz said:

They will miss one game each soon, hopefully they manage to space it out between Villa 22 Oct and Spurs 5 Dec.
    That is a concern, we'll miss every single one of them, but missing two or all three in a single match could have a big impact on us.
  • If one gets booked and the next game is the carling cup or whatever there calling it ,Does that mean they would miss the cup game
  • Why is MOTD talking about a "Newcastle" European hangover when we literally played in Europe 24 hours after them and actually had to fly to Europe.

PSG v Freiburg?
  • alderz said:

Emerson and Paqueta were both avoidable yesterday. These unnecessary bookings could come back to haunt us.
  • MIAHammer said:

Emerson and Paqueta were both avoidable yesterday. These unnecessary bookings could come back to haunt us.

Not if the money was down 😱😱😱😂🤣😂

• Just watched the match again and the free kick given against Paqueta was beyond a joke. Bankes was behind the play so couldn't see Tonali's part in the tussle and the lino was nowhere to be a seen, so the default decision was penalise West Ham.
    Then Paqueta's yellow was also ridiculous compared to what Almiron had been getting away with.
  • Yeah, fair to say we didn't get much from the ref, he was shocking.
  • Bankes has reffed nine West Ham matches, and been a problem in five of them, including two absolute shockers. Pedantic detail can be provided 🤔
  • edited October 2023

Bankes has reffed nine West Ham matches, and been a problem in five of them, including two absolute shockers. Pedantic detail can be provided 🤔

Yes please, it justifies our belief that we're hard done by.

• But then you'd have to compare same pedantic detail with other clubs to check that we aren't all being hard done by...
  • MrsGrey said:

But then you'd have to compare same pedantic detail with other clubs to check that we aren't all being hard done by...

Don't be silly, why would we want to consider other clubs.
  • Safe to say we dont need to check to see Liverpool are hard done by ;)

Lights touch paper and casually drifts off into the Mersey Tunnel
  • Bazshuayi said:

Safe to say we dont need to check to see Liverpool are hard done by ;)