Newcastle (H) 2pm Sunday 8 Oct (not on TV)

Comments

• How is that not a foul by Trippier? Clear push in the back.
  • Almiron waving imaginary yellow, goes unpunished.

Refs losing it
  • We're getting nothing from this ref, very, very poor so far.
  • MrsGrey said:

Almiron waving imaginary yellow, goes unpunished.

Refs losing it

Yeah, he’s all over the place at the moment.
  • edited October 2023
    Let’s also not forget, in the first minute of the match Paqueta slams ball at the ground in frustration when a decision doesn’t go his way. Almiron demands ref does something about this. Almiron does this again for a second time, yet isn’t booked.

Emerson does it once and is booked.
  • Rash tackle by Antonio and he's in the book.
  • edited October 2023
    Lino at it now, gives offside against Antonio when he was clearly on. Mind you, Antonio failed to get his shot away so should have done better.
  • i have a feeling that this game will not end with 22 players on the field.
  • edited October 2023
    MIAHammer said:

i have a feeling that this game will not end with 22 players on the field.

The way the ref is going he's only sending a player off from one team, so I hope you're wrong.

• Apart from the goal neither goalkeeper has really been tested.
  • Lino at it now, gives offside against Antonio when he was clearly on. Mind you, Antonio failed to get his shot away so should have done better.

In that move, Antonio got shoved, lost his balance, stayed on his feet.... Flag went up.
  • The ref favours Newcastle. They should be down to 10 players and should have more booked.
    Let us get another goal before Callum Wilson comeson.
  • At the end of that half superb run by Aguerd but he was so quick no one went with him for support.
  • The Ref is beyond bad
  • I would love for Antonio to score so he can get one over on his mate Wilson. That’ll make for an interesting podcast.
  • Need to keep our concentration at the start of the second half. It went pear shaped against City and we tend to start too slowly.
  • Paqueta has been excellent. Alvarez also very good. And generally the whole set-up has been very effective.

You'd think they will be much better in the second half, though, and Wilson will obviously come on and score.
  • Close by Alvarez, shoulda hit the target though.
  • Alvarez lucky to not get a card there I think.
  • Good save by Areola.
  • edited October 2023
    Damn. Sloppy from a free kick.

Alvarez heads it straight to Izak 8 yards out.
  • We have fallen apart..poor....
  • Oh no, Izak again.
  • A lot of players standing around ball watching.
  • It’s all going pear shaped again. We seem to sleep walk the start of second halves.
  • edited October 2023
    We’ve only had two shots the entire game and that included our goal. They’ve had 8 attempts and look like having a lot more. They hit 5 past us last season and we don’t want that again.
  • Just seen a replay of the free kick given that led to the first Newcastle goal, again, really poor from the ref, never a foul.
  • Their first goal came from another dodgy decision from the referee.
  • Paqueta in the book now.