Sheffield Utd (H) Sat 30 Sept 3pm (not on TV)

124»

Comments

• So…

Bournemouth 1-1 West Ham
    West Ham 3-1 Chelsea
    Brighton 1-3 West Ham
    Luton 1-2 West Ham
    West Ham 1-3 Man City
    Liverpool 3-1 West Ham
    West Ham 2-0 Sheffield United

13 points from those 7 games, wow.
  • A lot has been said about whether our football can develop under Moyes, in terms of possession. The first goal yesterday showed it clearly is developing. Those patterns of play with the movement are clearly worked on in training & worked perfectly with releasing Coufal. We also had nice pieces of play against City & Liverpool for the goals we scored.
  • Just wanna say that Emerson and Paqueta’s off field friendship seems to really help them connect on the pitch, their link up play is fabulous to watch… May it long continue ⚒️🇧🇷⚒️🇧🇷
  • I think Emerson has been fantastic this season, & I was worried about him as a LB in a back four.
  • Second half was a bit flat but I don’t think it’s realistic to play in fifth gear when you play a side not capable of getting into fifth gear.
  • I was speaking to a friend yesterday, how nice is it to see us build up play like we have against City, Liverpool & the first goal yesterday, instead of relying on Riceball to get us going with him getting it & driving through the thirds.
  • I've not seen MOTD; were they complimentary about our first goal? Maybe I'm biased, but I thought it was a really nice goal.
  • I've not seen MOTD; were they complimentary about our first goal? Maybe I'm biased, but I thought it was a really nice goal.

Yes they were, and about us in general.
  • Cheers Herb 👍
  • All in all a decent performance, a win, 3 points and a clean sheet is never bad, however, after a strong first half, DM, once again failed to disappoint by removing our three most promising forward looking players and set out to close the game down and secure the points against arguably one of the weakest teams in the league.

A bad/poor strategy? Probably not, frustrating nonetheless…..definitely
  • We've got a mid week European game.

Maybe he was husbanding our resources?

aka Managing....
  • I got the impression in the second half that we were waiting for them to attack, then hit them with a couple of goals on the break. Sheffield didn't do much attacking,so it became a stalemate.