Lincoln City Carabao Cup 7:45pm Wed 27th Sep, not on TV (ah go on, go on, go on, go on)

124»

Comments

• When is the draw?
  • As soon as City loose =)
  • Home to Exeter would be good in the next round.
  • Draw up next.
  • From bbc

Premier League: 2. Liverpool, 5. Arsenal, 7. West Ham United, 8. Newcastle United, 9. Manchester United, 11. Fulham, 14. Chelsea, 15. Everton, 17. Bournemouth, 19. Burnley.

Championship: 2. Ipswich Town, 14. Blackburn Rovers, 22. Middlesbrough.

League One: 4. Port Vale, 6. Exeter City.

League Two: 3. Mansfield Town.

The draw will be in about half hour.
  • so, 10 PL clubs.

6 non-PL clubs
  • We're ball no.14
  • PL clubs:

Man Utd v Newcastle Utd

Bournemouth v Liverpool
  • Man Utd home yet again, of course, v Newcastle.
  • Home to Arsenal.
  • Chelsea v Blackburn Rovers

West Ham v Arsenal

Declan Rice derby O.o
  • Exeter at home to Boro.
  • Ipswich Town v Fulham
  • MrsGrey said:

Chelsea v Blackburn Rovers

West Ham v Arsenal

Declan Rice derby O.o

Who?? ⚒
  • Everton v Burnley, the last one involving PL clubs.
  • At least 2 non PL teams in the QFs.
  • Def 4 PL teams into QF.
    Def 2 lower league teams into QF

2 up for grabs.

It's not, in the end, a very open comp. As always.
  • MrsGrey said:

Everton v Burnley, the last one involving PL clubs.

That may be literally true, but in reality, imo, debatable :-)
  • You have to assume that we will field a full strength side and just maybe, Arsenal will rotate a couple.

In any event, we know what we have to do and a quarter final slot is up for grabs.

Should this have gone in the positivity thread 🙏
  • Was the goal not an OG?
  • Lukerz said:

Was the goal not an OG?

I couldn't be sure one way or the other tbh, the one camera angle of it was fairly inconclusive imo.

Their guy really should have scored with the header just before half time, anywhere other than straight at Fabianski and it was in.
  • From what I heard on the radio last night, Cornet seems to have regressed and Ogbonna is much slower.
    Cornet took a long while to recover from injury and it is hard to know how that has impacted on him physically and psychologically. Whilst with Burnley he was always impressive but has not shown anything at WHU. Age has caught up with Ogbonna.
    That has reduced the strength of the squad and Moyes has two options - bring new replacements in January or promote younger players. There seem to be some good young players like Scarles and Marshall who worthy of a chance.
  • Pengeman said:

From what I heard on the radio last night, Cornet seems to have regressed and Ogbonna is much slower.
    Cornet took a long while to recover from injury and it is hard to know how that has impacted on him physically and psychologically. Whilst with Burnley he was always impressive but has not shown anything at WHU. Age has caught up with Ogbonna.
    That has reduced the strength of the squad and Moyes has two options - bring new replacements in January or promote younger players. There seem to be some good young players like Scarles and Marshall who worthy of a chance.

At the moment Moyes plays 4-3-3 with Alvarez, Soucek and JWP in the midfield and Paqueta, Bowen and Antonio up front.

That leaves Cornet as third choice LW behind Paqueta and Benrahma, or possibly third choice striker behind Antonio and Ings, third choice LB behind Emerson and Cresswell or third choice RW behind Bowen and Kudus

As for CB with Zouma, Aguerd, Mavropanos, Kehrer and even Alvarez all options i don't expect we'll see Oggy much

I don't think we're going to need replacements this season
  • I don't think we're going to need replacements this season

Tbh, I think that remains to be seen up front. I'm not convinced how effective Antonio will be throughout the season (he seems to be suffering from falling over syndrome already) and Ings just doesn't seem very effective for us. We need to see how effective Bowen, Kudus and Mubama are going to be when played as a CF from the start rather than just filling in for 15 minutes at the end of a match as otherwise we're far too dependent on Antonio which I'm concerned about tbh.