Mohammed Kudus signs - official

This caps a great weekend:

https://www.whufc.com/news/west-ham-united-sign-mohammed-kudus

Let's hope he fits in well and continues to develop as a player 🤞🤞🤞.

Time to celebrate now 🥂.

Comments

• Great news and welcome
  • 3rd Major signing .feel bad for Dino . =)
  • Does anyone know if he is cup tied in the Europa League?
  • steve said:

3rd Major signing .feel bad for Dino . =)

Yeah, it does seem very disrespectful to Dinos:

"The 23-year-old joins the Irons on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee, becoming the Club’s third major summer signing following his former Ajax teammate and Mexico international Edson Álvarez and England midfielder James Ward-Prowse."
  • Good job!
  • MIAHammer said:

Does anyone know if he is cup tied in the Europa League?

No, he's not.

• Time to celebrate now 🥂.

Literally just came here with this, to ask if you were celebrating!!

MrsGrey said:

Bazshuayi said:

Plenty of the ITKs saying Kudus is a done deal (such as Romano who is normally spot on in a here we go type of way).

Have to say its an exciting signing and if it does indeed get over the line I'l be impressed with us!

It's hard to get too excited though, the medical isn't until tomorrow, so I'm guessing it's not going to be actually signed until Monday or Tuesday; plenty of time for things to go wrong before then.
    BBC reporting it as a done deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66605083

He chose us over Brighton.
    The point I was making is just because a deal has been agreed doesn't mean to say it's going to happen; I'll wait till it's announced on the OS before celebrating 🥂.

:-)
  • steve said:

"The 23-year-old joins the Irons on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee, becoming the Club’s third major summer signing following his former Ajax teammate and Mexico international Edson Álvarez and England midfielder James Ward-Prowse."
    :lol: Our media team are so rubbish!
  • From that OS article:

Moyes "the Board and Tim deserve huge credit for getting this one over the line"
  • The key thing is where is he being signed to play? RW? Hard over Bowen. CM? Hard over Paqueta. LW? He doesn’t often play there. ST? Hard over Antonio (currently).

Good luck.
  • Might be our European striker instead of Antonio, who I think will struggle with 2 games per week.
  • MrsGrey said:

Might be our European striker instead of Antonio, who I think will struggle with 2 games per week.

I tend to think it's the other way round.
  • IronHerb said:
    How small is the plane? Looks a bit uncomfortable hahaha
  • IronHerb said:
    How small is the plane? Looks a bit uncomfortable hahaha
    We spent all the money on the player. 😉
  • At least Tim looks happy 🤣⚒️
  • Delighted with signing Kudus
  • I reckon he don't like flying, look how miserable he looks hahaha
  • Tim just told him they are heading to West Ham ,Not Manchester City =)
  • He was hoping for a Halifax flyover.
  • Lukerz said:

The key thing is where is he being signed to play? RW? Hard over Bowen. CM? Hard over Paqueta. LW? He doesn’t often play there. ST? Hard over Antonio (currently).

Good luck.

Antonio has put in a couple of good performances, but history tells us it's unlikely to last. Before long I can see Kudus and Bowen occupying the CF and RW spots, either way around or even interchanging throughout the game.
  • MrsGrey said:

steve said:

:lol: Our media team are so rubbish!
    You would think the least they could do is correct it and add an apology to Dino.
  • edited August 2023
    Not sure what’s worse, the original mistake by the media team or the fact nobody has noticed & edited it.
  • edited August 2023
    Be fair, it's the Sunday of a Bank holiday weekend.

They probably wrote the content on Friday when the medical was confirmed, then headed off for jollifications.
    And the apprentice left on call doesn't know how to edit it.
  • Actually, I just checked and it's been fixed.
  • They obviously read this site 😂
  • Honestly, I knew almost nothing about Kudus before we were linked with him.

I've now watched 20 minutes of YouTube videos and can confirm he is easily the best player in the world.
  • Do we think we’ll win just the three trophies this year or maybe four?
  • Honestly, I knew almost nothing about Kudus before we were linked with him.

I've now watched 20 minutes of YouTube videos and can confirm he is easily the best player in the world.

What I like about him is he's got that street footballer way about him. He's flicks and tricks but he also willing to track back and win the ball. We could have player who could have the same impact as Payet had.