Have we got a thread for this week's 'other games'? Starting with Friday Night Football tonight...

2»

Comments

• And one for buffy - Man U penalty appeal turned down ;-)
  • Now given back to Davies. Another edit in process?
  • steve said:

This Udogie who plays for Spurs ,Not sure if you can laugh at names in this world anymore ,But I am =)

A guy at work has the fantasy football team name “Udogie in the window” and I now can’t see or hear the name without thinking of that
  • Slow feet for a big man. Haaland, the anti cliche.
  • However good Man City are on the ball, I found that a very boring half of football.
  • Now given back to Davies. Another edit in process?

For some reason, the Kulusevski assist has bee wiped out.

Grr. Needing those FF points!!
  • Just noticed that before Digne left Everton they were doing better than Villa

Since Digne joined Villa they've done better than Everton

Coincidence?
  • Last 20 minutes I don’t think Arsenal have got out of their half. Rice is in pointing mode.
  • I really think that Rice's influence on Arsenal's play is going to be so much less than it was with us.
    Let's hope he regrets his move.
  • I really think that Rice's influence on Arsenal's play is going to be so much less than it was with us.
    Let's hope he regrets his move.

Yeah I agree :)

• So last night Coote gave Arsenal a final warning for time wasting, not seen any other ref do that. Now because he didn't book Partey, which is the new rule, Tomiyasu ends up with a red card. 🤷‍♂️ Coote also failed to book Partey and Odegaard for showing imaginary cards which again is now considered a yellow.
    It's this inconsistency which riles managers, players and fans but which is never dealt with.
  • IronHerb said:

So last night Coote gave Arsenal a final warning for time wasting, not seen any other ref do that. Now because he didn't book Partey, which is the new rule, Tomiyasu ends up with a red card. 🤷‍♂️ Coote also failed to book Partey and Odegaard for showing imaginary cards which again is now considered a yellow.
    It's this inconsistency which riles managers, players and fans but which is never dealt with.

He also failed to book Kai Havertz when he fouled a Palace player on the halfway line and then blocked them from taking a quick freekick.
  • David Coote on VAR duty for our weekend visit to Brighton 🏃
  • MrsGrey said:

Liverpool have a player sent off.

Mac Allister
    Overturned on appeal.
  • So in two gameweeks we've had one apology from the refs boss and an overturned red card. VAR is really cutting down those poor decisions, isn't it? How can the refs, the VAR guidelines and the guys in the VAR booths be so bad?
  • So in two gameweeks we've had one apology from the refs boss and an overturned red card. VAR is really cutting down those poor decisions, isn't it? How can the refs, the VAR guidelines and the guys in the VAR booths be so bad?

Because in general they're the same poor officials we had before VAR being led by some retired poor officials. Vicious circle.