Have we got a thread for this week's 'other games'? Starting with Friday Night Football tonight...

Chris Wood nets the winner for Forest.

#ShouldHaveBeenetc

Also, whoever is doing this comms.... stealing a living.

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

Chris Wood nets the winner for Forest.

#ShouldHaveBeenetc

Also, whoever is doing this comms.... stealing a living.

During the England semi-final the other day, and when Georgia Stanway skied a shot from about 25 yards the commentator said “that’s way off target” and my fiancé said “what’s the point in that person who just says obvious stuff that we’ve just seen?” and I didn’t have a great answer.
  • This guy (I'm almost sure I know who it is but can't remember his real name...Tony Burbles, ex-Spurs player, know him from Greece)..

a couple of times referred to aspects of the rule changes this season, but had clearly not bothered to read and understand them. Wasn't even trying to pretend he was on top of the situation. Alluded to something, and then says, 'that's some kind of new rule, do you know what that's about' to his co-comms guy.

But at least he was actually talking about the game in front of us.

Even worse, inane ramblings (esp totally obscure and irrelevant stats relating to a match or player 10 years ago) - like some pub quiz bore sitting behind you mansplaining loudly to his girlfriend.

I am slightly worried by how many times I yell at the screen SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP :p

• When I rule the world, any comms will have to illuminate or elucidate the game.

Otherwise, we'll just have silence.

Will you vote for me? B)
  • I was watching the England game last Saturday and the comms bloke, can't remember his name, was talking about Alessia Russo and her 'big money' move from Man Utd to Arsenal. It was a free transfer hahaha.
  • MrsGrey said:

This guy (I'm almost sure I know who it is but can't remember his real name...Tony Burbles, ex-Spurs player, know him from Greece)..

OK, so half an hour of serious googling later I realise I was thinking of Gary Birtles.

• close enough ;)
  • I'll just throw this in here:

Mute button

#you'rewelcome

=)
  • I'll just throw this in here:

Mute button

#you'rewelcome

=)

I know. But hope springs eternal...
  • edited August 2023
    Bazshuayi said:

close enough ;)

I thought I did quite well.
    Tony and Gary. Both names of a type, 2 syllables.

Birtles (real) I'd turned into the joke of Burbles (for his comms style). The Spurs link came from the fact that I know him from a friend's bar (friend is a Spurs fan) in Greece.

Oh yes. It all makes perfect sense. B)
  • edited August 2023
    MrsGrey said:

When I rule the world, any comms will have to illuminate or elucidate the game.

Will you vote for me? B)

You, as supreme leader, will not be requiring our votes methinks.
  • IronHerb said:

MrsGrey said:

Will you vote for me? B)

You, as supreme leader, will not be requiring our votes methinks.
    AKA Lady GreyGrey............
  • MrsGrey said:

Will you vote for me? B)

Without deviation or repetition. Insist on this, Mrs G 😉
  • My long departed old man always muted the commentary.” Why do that dad?”
    “I don’t need to listen to those idiots to see what’s going on”

A man ahead of his time was the old boy.
  • Plymouth fans singing 'you dirty northern....' to the Southampton fans. 👏👏
  • Yeah, they sing that when playing Exeter.
  • Yeah, they sing that when playing Exeter.

To be fair, Exeter sing "Go back to Cornwall" in response!
  • A Diop howler .for Fulham .And Brighton have already scored 4 against Wolvex
  • Liverpool have a player sent off.
  • How bad must Man Utd be, Wolves gave them a torrid time on Monday
  • MrsGrey said:

Liverpool have a player sent off.

Mac Allister
  • Traore off he bench.

4 minutes later:
    Fulham debutant Adama Traore beats his man on the right but runs it behind the line for a goal-kick.
  • VAR conundrum when two 'top six' meet. Thats a penalty for handball when Zouma does that tomorrow.
  • Right, you know it’s a yellow card for moaning at the ref this season?
    That nice Bruno Fernandes is gonna have a lot of time with his feet up isn’t he?
  • GNev...

"The Land of Deflections and Hope"

Great title for a book.
  • This Udogie who plays for Spurs ,Not sure if you can laugh at names in this world anymore ,But I am =)
  • Postecoglou, at home, Spurs 1-0 up. Takes off his striker + Udogie. Brings on 2 defenders.

Positive or negative? Or something else?
  • I have one of those ten Hag pens.

I think I might be an influencer. =)
  • edited August 2023
    MrsGrey said:

Postecoglou, at home, Spurs 1-0 up. Takes off his striker + Udogie. Brings on 2 defenders.

Positive or negative? Or something else?

Ben Davies forces an own goal, Spurs lead 2-0.

Ange is a genius haha
  • Given as an own goal against Martinez. Missing Maguire?
  • thorn :+1: I edited my comment.