Football is back! Premier League opening weekend: other matches.

Starting tonight, new boys Burnley at home to championes Man City. A derby to kick things off :-)

Comments

• The good times are back
  • I'm doing management a bit of a favour by working a couple of early shifts rather than my usual lates. Started at 8am this morning, 9am tomorrow but it means I can watch the late kick offs =)
  • Lots of pesky Americans around Burnley tonight =)
  • City 1up
  • Didn't take Haaland long to get off the mark, about 3 mins 😂🤣😂.
  • Well that did not take long, fantasy managers rejoice but to be fair, I think that over 80% of teams have him so pretty moot
  • Just looked and 89% of teams have him which is probably to be expected, he is certainly leading my line,

to be fair, Burnley have looked pretty sharp and shown awareness in the final third, a couple of decent moves with neat passing.
  • Wow, I think he has literally only touched the ball twice, but that is all he needs, 2-0
  • Not a great start for Burnley. 3-0 down, a red card and a fan ejected for throwing something at Rico Lewis.

Welcome back lads.
  • There was a pitch invader, too.

Although, Pep got a yellow card so it wasn't all one sided shame.
  • I only realised today that Josh Cullen is Burnley captain.
  • Not a great start for Burnley. 3-0 down, a red card and a fan ejected for throwing something at Rico Lewis.

Welcome back lads.

And don’t forget the other knucklehead who invaded the pitch and was caught by a couple of stewards.

Let’s hope it is not a harbinger of things to come
  • Interesting stat earlier on the game. City have spent £434M on defenders while Burnley have spent £360M in their entire history.

Welcome back lads.

And don’t forget the other knucklehead who invaded the pitch and was caught by a couple of stewards.

Let’s hope it is not a harbinger of things to come
    There was talk of Just Stop Oil protesters targeting the first round of games, so it might have been that I guess.
  • Another great ‘slow mo’ red. A clear yellow made to look 10x worse by the slowing down & freeze frame.
  • edited August 2023
    Rice makes his debut in defence (possibly)
  • I see that “(possibly)” edit 👀
  • Lukerz said:

Another great ‘slow mo’ red. A clear yellow made to look 10x worse by the slowing down & freeze frame.

Tbh I've no problem with that being a red, but that's because I hate professional fouls which is what it was; he was absolutely nowhere near the ball so to my mind it wasn't a legitimate attempt for the ball. Under current rules it was kinda orange I think; he did appear to go in out of control (both feet were off the ground at one point) so there's certainly a case for it being a red.

Apologies for the blurry photo but the video wouldn't pause with a freeze-frame for a clearer image.
  • Turnstile chaos at the Emirates resulting in 30 minute delay to kick off. How embarrassing. 😂
  • Gunners 2 up .Timber looks like a good player .And this Rice kid might be okay =)
  • edited August 2023
    Rice who? Means nothing to me now !!.......
  • We're out of the bottom three 🤣🤣🤣
  • Really not enjoying watching Declan playing for the Arsenal.It’s like watching a much loved ex posting stuff from her holiday with her new bloke.
  • I felt a pang when he was shown lining up in the tunnel before KO.

:-(
  • Also there’s a video showing him singing Arsenal’s “North London Forever” anthem. Didn’t take him long.
  • Also there’s a video showing him singing Arsenal’s “North London Forever” anthem. Didn’t take him long.

That's his team isn't it?
  • Just seen Tonali's goal. OK, where's the oil money? 😂
  • Goals flying in.
  • I find myself cheering for Villa O.o
  • MrsGrey said:

I find myself cheering for Villa O.o

I'm sure that's making you feel quite unwell, better have a(nother) glass of wine.