Women's World Cup

Comments

• edited August 2023
    3-1 if it's onside 😊😊😊

Edit: Don't know why I was worried, miles onside 😊😊😊
  • That miss from Sam Kerr right before the Russo goal. Ouch!
  • 3-1 if it's onside 😊😊😊

I miss the running around celebrating emoji.
  • 3-1 FT, we're in the final 😊😊😊
  • Wonderful stuff!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
  • Best photos of the entire match - all the miserable Aussie faces in the crowd. =) =)
  • This was the real ashes
  • Sorry for the home fans and they scored a screamer. Felt England were the more talented and well drilled side. They controlled the game almost completely.
  • I’m am extremely pumped for the World Cup final.
  • Oh dear 😭😭😭
  • Means Arnold is keeper of the tournament.
  • The midfield has been nonexistent. Walsh is being marked out of the game. Toome has been invisible apart from being offside. I think it's James time to shine.
  • I’m really surprised at the subs. Toone was out of the game in the first half, and Carter looked pretty shaky too.
  • Bronze running like a headless chicken into a crowd of Spanish players caused the goal.
  • At half time they were saying she had no options, but there was a five yard pass into Kiara Walsh that she just ignored.
  • Shocking reaction from the Spanish player and shocking refereeing from the ref.
  • Penalty coming up. This ref will give it.
  • Idk why that took so long.
  • This might just spur England into life.
  • Great save by Earps, at least we're still in the game.
  • Useless penalty but a lot of dark arts by England
  • Walsh has been abysmal this game. Far to slow on the ball.
  • Walsh has been abysmal this game. Far to slow on the ball.

I think Walsh has had a better game than Stanway, tbh. Walsh almost never loses the ball.
  • alderz said:

At half time they were saying she had no options, but there was a five yard pass into Kiara Walsh that she just ignored.

Walsh was behind the play, and was an option I guess. What she wanted was for Toone to move forward to give her a progressive option, but Toone stayed where she was which woulda meant a pass to her was in danger of being intercepted.

Yes, Bronze made a mistake, but she wasn't helped by Toone at all imo.

• alderz said:

At half time they were saying she had no options, but there was a five yard pass into Kiara Walsh that she just ignored.

Walsh was behind the play, and was an option I guess. What she wanted was for Toone to move forward to give her a progressive option, but Toone stayed where she was which woulda meant a pass to her was in danger of being intercepted.

Yes, Bronze made a mistake, but she wasn't helped by Toone at all imo.

The pass was never on though. If she knocks it back to Walsh then there’s loads of space for her to play, perhaps even to Toone. Tbh though, Toone has been very quiet. I’m surprised Russo went off and not her.
  • Apart from being offside, I've not noticed her at all on the pitch.
  • To be honest, England have been rubbish for most of this game.
  • alderz said:

The pass was never on though. If she knocks it back to Walsh then there’s loads of space for her to play, perhaps even to Toone. Tbh though, Toone has been very quiet. I’m surprised Russo went off and not her.

I think the pass was on if Toone had made the move earlier.

Ref letting them get away with lots in the closing stages, a couple of things that should definitely have been yellow cards not given, and a foul on James on the edge of the box not penalised.

• The amount of time they’ve spent on the floor the last 20 minutes has been a joke.
  • Spain were the better team by a country mile.