Prem games 20/21/22

13»

Comments

• The real question is: which two of Everton Leicester and Leeds have players we need?
  • So are you implying that changing the manager has been the key reason for their success? ;)
  • MrsGrey said:

I know that there's a lot to say about Newcastle and their new owners etc...

But I'm just looking at the team and thinking - how many were bought with dodgy money? ( Genuine question, as I've not really paid that much attention but at a glance as they all were having their post match hugs with St Eddie of Football, it seemed they weren't exactly a splash the cash set of players..)

They've spent c.£315m in the 21-22 and 22-23 windows.
  • It's because they haven't gone mad and signed a Robinho-esque player, and instead have signed some solid reliable pros (Targett, Pope, Burn, Wood, etc). It's like they've tricked people into thinking they don't have the richest owners in the world.
  • Not Prem but Fiorentina play Inter in the Coppa Italia final tonight if anyone wanted some pre conference final scouting 👀
  • They play Roma on Saturday and Sassuolo on the Sunday before the ECL final

I've been keeping an eye on Fiorentina and Vincenzo Italiano must be related to Claudio Ranieri as he hasn't started the same XI in any of the last eight matches (all competitions)
  • A know it's a few days beyond the thread title, but what a screamer from Brighton against Man City.
  • Superb pressing by Brighton throughout that half, will be amazed if they can continue at that intensity for another 45 minutes. City, albeit with a few changes, have genuinely looked rattled.
  • Haaland has a goal disallowed for a shirt pull; tbh, if you're going to give that, then you should give a penalty at every corner or free kick into the box.
  • Man Utd v Chelsea tonight

If Man U win they go 3rd above Newcastle, if they draw they stay 4th but either result will mean Liverpool will be in the Europa League next season instead of Champions League
  • A big win for Man Utd increases our chance of overtaking Chelsea on Sunday; there's a 6 goal swing required if Chelsea lose tonight and to Newcastle, and we beat Leicester.
  • edited May 2023
    Not that I’m bothered either way, but why is Chelsea playing a reserve team tonight not being questioned? Are there not still European issues to be sorted out? I’m sure it would be questioned if different teams were involved.
  • ScotHammer, How does anyone know if it's their reserve team with all the players they signed? =)
  • Must admit I've no idea what their strongest team would look like atm, and I'm not sure anyone at Chelsea does either.
  • A big win for Man Utd increases our chance of overtaking Chelsea on Sunday; there's a 6 goal swing required if Chelsea lose tonight and to Newcastle, and we beat Leicester.

United 2-0 up at half time, another 2 in the second hald and any win for us and any defeat for Chelsea against Newcastle puts us above them 🤞🤞🤞.
  • edited May 2023
    Chelsea 3-0 down, still a chance of us finishing 12th
  • Typical, can't rely on Man Utd for anything, they concede, 4-1.
  • McTominay misses a good chance to restore the 4 goal advantage, I keep saying he's no use to us.
  • That was a crazy game, the history books will record a score of 4-1, which only tells half the story. based on the number and quality of chances created by both teams, the score could just as easily have been 7-3.

Chelsea looked quite good when in possession but had no clue whatsoever when Utd had the ball.

Fun to watch for the neutral.
  • edited May 2023
    So...

Chelsea are on 43pts with GD -9, we are on 40pts with GD -12

If Chelsea lose by 2 goals at home to Newcastle, we win by 2 goals away at Leicester and Wolves lose or draw away at Arsenal we finish 12th above Chelsea

Maths is fun
  • I think we only need a 3 goal swing as we’ve scored more goals. So a loss for Chelsea, non win by Wolves & a win for us will do it, if we win by 2 goals (or Chelsea lose by 2).
  • Indeed, our GF 41, Chelsea GF 37