Other PL and Cup matches starting early with Friday Night Football 21st

Comments

• edited April 2023
    It's a madness, this league. Absolute madness.

3-3
  • edited April 2023
    And 3-3, crazy game. Still 8 mins stoppage time to go.
  • Great to watch
  • Madness.
  • Arteta is urging the officials to let the game go on as long as it takes Arsenal to win.
  • Great watch, that.

Hope City smash 'em in the week.
  • Well that was fun
  • Name a more perfect result
  • Is there any scenario whereby both teams lose tonight?

I think both will feel they lost, so this scenario is probably the closest you'd get to it.
  • In the end a draw was a great result, as both teams will feel they've dropped 2 points when they really needed all 3.
  • But Southampton were expecting nothing so they won't be too disappointed, but they're unlikely to be gifted two soft goals like they were tonight.
  • IronHerb said:

But Southampton were expecting nothing so they won't be too disappointed, but they're unlikely to be gifted two soft goals like they were tonight.

I agree it's a bonus point for them, but to be 2 goals ahead twice, including with only 3 minutes plus stoppages left, it will feel like 2 points dropped for sure.
  • Ok, just watched the Arsenal game and the scenes at the end tell the story, in most games, coming back from two down with just a few minutes to go would normally be joyous, not tonight, the Arsenal players looked exhausted and defeated.

Oh dear, what a pity, how sad =)

• 5 more games today, of which 4 include the remaining teams (apart from Soton) still below us.

Fulham host Leeds in the early game, so it would be nice to see an easy home win there. Then Palace, who look safe now after 3 wins on the bounce under returning (caretaker) manager Roy Hodgson host Everton who are only out of the relegation zone on goal difference, Leicester are at home to Wolves who arrive after back to back home wins against Chelsea and Brentford, and Forest have probably the easiest fixture, away to Liverpool πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ in the late kick-off.

Given that Wolves and Palace look like they need very little to secure Premier League football again next season, I'll take wins for Fulham, Palace, Wolves and Liverpool please, which gives us a free hit against Bournemouth tomorrow. If results went as above, and we manage a win, we'd be 7 points above the drop zone and the bottom 5 would be 4 points adrift of Bournemouth in 15th. It would also take Palace to 39 points, and if they take something against Wolves mid-week there's a chance they could be a bit "on-the-beach"y by the time we play them next weekend.

Fingers crossed at least some of the results go our way today 🀞🀞🀞.
  • edited April 2023
    Leeds have conceded the most goals in the last six games, 20, but are 6th for goals scored, 11, equal with Spurs and Brighton

Fulham have beaten Leeds twice this season, at Elland Road in the League and at Craven Cottage in the Cup but they had Mitrovic for both games

Patrick Bamford is injured, will have a late fitness test, the sky is blue, the sun rose in the east and the Pope is Catholic
  • Just watched highlights of Arsenal v Saints, and the main thing I took away from it was how much that screeching of Peter Drury annoyed me. >:)
  • Fulham v Leeds is a hard watch ,But I am doing it as I have nothing better to do Fulham 2up
  • It’s a proper ropey old game.
  • I’d like Leicester to stay up. Respect for winning the league.
  • Let's hope it stays that way, Leeds would have been hoping for something from this fixture. Their season could rely on this and their next two matches against Leicester and Bournemouth as their final four are City, Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs.
  • 2-1 Fulham good start to the weekend
  • It finishes 2-1 to Fulham, that's the first result in the bank 😊.
  • Leeds are woeful
  • Costa no where to be seen after all he did last weekend =)
  • Leicester vs Wolves, EPL game with just 3 English players on the pitch.
  • Watching the Liverpool forest match. Liverpool are rubbish.