Other matches Saturday 1st - Wednesday 5th April

Comments

• Everton red card, for a push in the face of Kane, who went down like he'd been shot. Doucoure was silly, but Kane, as many players do, completely over-reacted to a minimal amount of pressure.
  • Too many players go down clutching their face with the slightest contact. It's all about gamesmanship as opposed to sportsmanship.
    Although I'm not going to complain if this leads to a Spurs win.
  • And now a Spurs penalty.
  • Kane commited the first foul, Doucoure ( stupid) flailing arm caught Kane in the face a very glancing contact.
    Kane reacts like someone hit him with a shovel.
    Shameful.
    And no punishment from the ref for the original foul.
  • 1-0 Spurs ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ
  • Bleugh. He's in my FF team but if I'm honest I'd prefer him to miss.
  • edited April 2023
    MrsGrey said:

Bleugh. He's in my FF team but if I'm honest I'd prefer him to miss.

I've got him too, but, with the position we're in in the table, I'm glad he scored tbh. Plus, although I think it's unlikely, I'd like to see Everton go down.

Everton will miss Doucoure in their next 3 matches though.
  • Anyone who is moaning about Kane having a hand in his face & going down resulting in the sending off, I respectfully ask who do they want to get relegated. I feel really ๐Ÿคข having to hope the likes of Arsenal, Spurs & even Manchester United win games to help us survive. We are where we are & itโ€™s not a nice feeling.
  • I've got an Everton supporting friend, so for his sake I hope they don't go down.
  • MrsGrey said:

I've got an Everton supporting friend, so for his sake I hope they don't go down.

I've got one as well, that's precisely why I want them to go down ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚.
  • edited April 2023
    A red for Spurs now, Lucas Moura sent off after only being on the pitch for about 6 minutes.
  • Madness.
  • And now Everton score ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Love it. Hate Spurs.
  • Spurs have been absolutely awful
  • MrsGrey said:

Kane commited the first foul, Doucoure ( stupid) flailing arm caught Kane in the face a very glancing contact.
    Shameful.

Kane got a yellow for the foul.
  • MrsGrey said:

I've got an Everton supporting friend, so for his sake I hope they don't go down.

Rather them than us!
  • IronHerb said:

MrsGrey said:

Kane commited the first foul, Doucoure ( stupid) flailing arm caught Kane in the face a very glancing contact.
    Shameful.

Kane got a yellow for the foul.
    Ah, didn't see that. Ta for the info!

Still hate Spurs though.
  • Spurs really doing us no favours, gifting points to both Soton and Everton.
  • Can you even imagine the reaction from Kane had he been caught in the manner Bowen was late on in our game yesterday. I think Bowen's honest reaction in not being hurt possibly caused the ref to not bother thinking about a straight red.

I dislike Kane more than any player in the premiership and surprisingly I am pretty certain I would were he not even playing for Spurs.
  • Nothing to do with Spurs, we dropped 5 points to Everton and Southampton.
  • edited April 2023
    Harry kane is also England Captain and yet the FA will say nothing about his behaviour and although I didn't watch the interviews I doubt he was asked about his reaction.

He should have been asked what made him go down and remain on the floor? the force behind the contact? the pain of the contact? just the desire to get the other player sent off if possible? It's clear it's the third and if so how can he be England Captain? A position that is all about leading by example and a figurehead for football from grassroots upwards.

• I am not a fan of Kane, but not sure how he can be blamed when he was smacked in the face. Yes, it probably didnโ€™t hurt much, but the only player deserving criticism is the Everton one.
  • Doucoure was stupid and even if Kane hadn't made a meal of it sticking your hand in someone's face is going to get a straight red
  • Thought it was more embarrassing how Dyche was so keen to put the focus on Kane (maybe good management?) instead of telling his player to get off having let the team down in what looked like a game they could get 3 points in.
  • I loved Onana's reaction
  • No doubt it was a red and the criticism of Kane is not to defend Doucoure. The point was there was no force, he was not smacked in the face. It's also something he does so often. Embarrassment was the word trending on twitter last night and I think that is the word for him, one that should not apply to the England Captain.

The question for him is what caused you to fall to the ground? the force of the push or your own intention? what caused you to remain on the ground unmoving or making any attempt to get up? One day he will catch one properly I have no doubt.
  • Idk. I donโ€™t like the playacting, but I would say 99% of players do it, so the reaction about Kane seems disproportionate to me
  • Where do you draw this line? We always say players go down under minimal contact to win free-kicks & penalties, but nobody ever gets too bothered.