Injury Updates - Feb 2023 onwards

Comments

• What does he need his shoulder for?

Keeps his arm attached.
  • It's being reported that Aguerd will hopefully be back soon, possibly even for Spurs:

“Aguerd is not as bad as first feared,” stated Ex. “The scan showed little damage. It is even hoped that he could even be fit for Spurs.”
  • edited February 2023
    Injury updates (for what they're worth) in today's presser; there may be a bit more detail later (often the OS puts out 2 articles on the presser):

Lucas Paqueta is not going to be available. Nayef [Aguerd] has a chance, but we’re not sure if he’s ready or not.

“It’s great that Gianluca [Scamacca] is back training, but he’s not ready to be selected yet. I might be able to get him involved, but minutes will be limited.”

No mention of Cornet still (I'm sure I read he's supposed to be back in the UK today) or why Cresswell was unavailable last week (someone here said virus) or if he'll be back on Sunday.
  • Cornet back Monday, but Moyes isn’t sure what ‘back’ looks like.
  • Lukerz said:

Cornet back Monday, but Moyes isn’t sure what ‘back’ looks like.

Yeah, I thought there might be a bit more info in the second article:

"The manager was also able to give a brief update on Maxwel Cornet, as the 26-year-old continues his own recovery from a longstanding injury.

"We’re looking forward to getting Maxwel back. It seems like it’s been a long time that we’ve not had him.

"We’re due him back in next Monday but whether that means training, or building him back up. We’re certainly going to need time to build him back up, that’s for sure."

https://www.whufc.com/news/team-news-moyes-provides-update-paqueta-aguerd-scamacca-and-ings
  • Aguerd, Cresswell & Scamacca all visible in training video from today.
  • Lukerz said:

Aguerd, Cresswell & Scamacca all visible in training video from today.

That's all very well but it's during the game that Cresswell becomes invisible.
  • Good news on Aguerd, hopefully Paqueta back within a couple of weeks.
  • Lukerz said:

Cornet back Monday, but Moyes isn’t sure what ‘back’ looks like.

This sounds quite philosophical
  • Did he say which Monday? ;)
  • Reports and/or photos from various sources suggest that more or less all players are back in training this week. Zouma and Cornet have been photographed as training with the squad, Paqueta is (according to C&H) a real possibility to play against Forest, and Areola, Scamacca and Ings all made the bench against Spurs with Ings coming on towards the end.
  • Is that the distant sound of a fully fit squad?

Although Moyes says Ings won’t be ready to start for another few weeks.
  • Lukerz said:

Is that the distant sound of a fully fit squad?

Although Moyes says Ings won’t be ready to start for another few weeks.

• Any news of Fab?
  • Alderz, I'm sure there's a message in that picture, but I'm not getting it, could you help me out?
    All it's doing for me is make me want to go down to Tesco's and buy a pork pie, as it's making my mouth water. =)
  • Porky pies innit.
  • Pork pies are very Humble
  • edited February 2023
    Slacker said:

Porky pies innit.

Slacker, cheers. It does look tasty though doesn't it. =)

Didn't even think about the rhyming slang as that would mean DM was being accused of lying.
  • Just when we seemed to be getting on top of our injury list, it seems Fabianski will be out for a while with a fractured cheek bone and eye socket. Coufal suffered a heel injury in the same match against Forest, and while he misses tomorrow night's match against Man Utd, little clue is given as to how long he'll be out:

https://www.whufc.com/news/team-news-fabianski-and-coufal-miss-man-utd-clash
  • edited February 2023
    whilst I dont like whats happened to Fab, I admit to wanting to see how Areola does over a period of games
  • Bazshuayi said:

whilst I dont like whats happened to Fab, I admit to wanting to see how Areola does over a period of games

Completely agree, although typical that it happens not long after we've lost Randolph; not sure if our other keepers will be up to it if called upon (although, saying that, I was never overly impressed by Randolph either).
  • I feel as comfortable with either in goal even though they have different strengths, were i to sum it up I would do so as follows.

Areola is more athletic and agile and more likely to pull off a great save yet Fabianski is far less likely to make a mistake.
  • I think that has been true, but Fab has dropped a few clangers in recent times.
  • edited March 2023
    alderz said:

I think that has been true, but Fab has dropped a few clangers in recent times.

I'm not sure he's dropped that many clangers as such, for me it's more a case of thinking that he should have done better with certain goals. Also, he's never been particularly quick or willing to get off his line, and that's got worse and worse recently imo.
  • Maybe. I might be being harsh. I just don’t think he’s as reliable as once was.
  • Gets beaten at the near post to much imo
  • How many mistakes has Areola made?
  • How many mistakes has Areola made?

It's hard to say given his playing time, so hopefully we shall see fewer than Fab when he does play
  • I’m struggling to remember all these mistakes. 🤔
  • I think we’re lucky to have two very good goalkeepers.