Derby County vs West Ham United - FA Cup 4th Round, Monday 30th Jan, 19:45 KO

13ยป

Comments

• 2 nil MrsGrey you should see in a bit ;)
  • I saw that one ๐Ÿ˜‚. I've switched to ITV and it's much more reliable.

Away fans doing a good job, as always ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ‘
  • Has Ben Johnson been working out or something .looks like he has built himself up a bit
  • Johnson could have given away a penalty there.
  • Would love to see Mubama get a run out here
  • edited January 2023
    Or lets just give Benny a run out instead =)
  • The Derby sub looks like he shouldnโ€™t be out this late on a school night.
  • Why is Bowen still on
  • Guess Moyes heard me =)
  • Not a single shot on target for Derby so far. That's poor.
  • Curse of the commenter ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Fornals MOTM ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Fornals Man of the Match apparently. Thought both Soucek and Flynn Downes were better today. Really think Flynn Downes needs more game time in the league, such a tidy player and looks like he is picking some stuff from Declan with his foresight for tackling.
  • edited January 2023
    I thought Soucek was better tonight. ๐Ÿ˜€โš’ Good news if he is on way back to form.
  • A comfortable win and we avoided another giant-killing. I though Johnson and looked a bit shaky. It is MAN U next. We can do it.
  • Surprised Fornals got motm although he improved.
  • So... I havent been able to watch the Everton or Derby games (still havent seen Everton highlights apart from in Gordons hair as it went to Newcastle)

Just to say... You're welcome and I'll try not to watch our next game(s)
  • Aguerd is such a Rolls Royce of a player

The guy just oozes class with everything he does, and is a proper defender not some ball playing CB who can't make a tackle

See why he was such a priority and he'll be huge for us if he can keep fit

Johnson is really really struggling which is tough to see, he just gets the basics wrong and look so short of confidence

Glad to see Soucek playing well, but also a bit tough as I thought both he and Downes were equally good yet only Soucek gets run outs in the Prem whereas Downes clearly has shown he's a good player who maybe shouldn't be a starter but should have had at least a handful of starts by now

Don't see how Fornals was MOTM, thought he was the least effective of the front three but I do agree that our shape often looks better when he's on the pitch

Good game and that makes it 3 wins in 4, starting to look a bit more promising

But a tough 8 matches coming up is making me worried
  • I missed most of the game but not long after I switched on there was a point when Aguerd stepped into midfield with such pace and composure that I was wondering whether we'd brought on some academy midfielder I didn't recognise. He looks so impressive.
  • Aguerd and Zouma will be some pairing when both fit.

I think Moyes has a call to make regard Rice for the rest of the season as Downes has shown he can start and be relied upon for me. The call is either play Downes to stay deep and unleash Rice in a proper Lampard role of attacking from midfield or make Rice play his England role and stay back allowing Sucek to do again what he did when he first arrived which is to arrive from deep and cause problems to a defense already focused on the attackers.
  • edited January 2023
    I think Rice mostly damages us in a forward role. His best attacking play comes from deep, when he drive forwards or lets off a pass. Once he's in the final third he takes too long to make a decision and 75% of the time makes the same predictable diagonal ball to to Coufal. He has the capability and occasionally shows his quality in link-up play but those moments aren't enough to justify the rest of the time when he just doesn't show the instinct for it.

I still think one of the most damaging things for us this past year was indulging Rice by letting him attack too much. Very little has come out of it and it's not really what anyone wants to sign him for anyway.

I'd like to see more of this Paqueta-Rice partnership for now.
  • edited January 2023
    It's important to remember that this was against a League 1 side with many promising, but naive, youngsters playing for them.

Given that, I still think this was a controlled, dominant and professional performance. Also some of our players in need of confidence should have benefitted.
  • It's important to remember that this was against a League 1 side with many promising, but naive, youngsters playing for them.

Given that, I still think this was a controlled, dominant and professional performance. Also some of our players in need of confidence should have benefitted.

A League 1 side but only three of the starting XI were 22 or under, one of who was making his 150th appearance for Derby.

The rest were old journeyman pros who'd played in the Championship or Premier League

More kids came on in the second half when they were already 2-0 down