Dirty Leeds (away) 7:45pm Wednesday 4th January (not on TV)

Comments

• Hamstew said:

Why is soucek still on for god's sake

Think he’s been decent tonight tbf and looks a threat in the box when we get there. Plus it’s very physical this game so probably need him still.
    Don't see that all
  • Can anyone watching the game confirm whether we went for the win at 2-2, or have we settled for the draw?
  • So nearly won it at the death, Rice pinged a beautiful pass out to Benrahma, who cut inside then his cross shot neither found the target nor Antonio who was lunging in at the far post.
  • Leeds go down the other end and a good save by Fabianski from a Leeds set piece. 2-2 FT
  • Still not good enough for me. Still difficult to see where we get a win from. Some good individual performances though.
  • Also what does Fabianski have to do to get dropped?

That aged……

• Much better performance imo, more intensity, we were more direct, and, tbh, they scored 2 good goals that they could easily not have scored on another day.
  • Not quite enough but there were a few positives there. Fornals is a key player in setting off counterattacks for us even if his finishing is poor. Scamacca looked much better today than the last few appearances. Paqueta looked a bit better. Soucek did some good things, though think I'd prefer both Fornals and Benrahma on instead of him.

Not an amazing performance but it's nice to have a few positives for once.
  • Seeing as we seem to concede a minimum of 2 per game and we rarely have more than 2 shots on target I agree a win looks like a pipe dream at the moment.
    I’m convinced they don’t use goals at Rush Green.
  • Of dear in the bottom three. Not convinced by Kehrer. Both Leeds goals came right down the middle of our defence - Dawson? would have preferred three points but one breaks our post World cup duck. Needs to do better in the next EPL game.
  • Can anyone watching the game confirm whether we went for the win at 2-2, or have we settled for the draw?

Chances at both ends. Fabianski with a wonder save right at the death.
    Antonio anonymous for 70 minutes.
  • Back in the bottom three

Being kept out by a goal from Villa atm. 🤞🤞🤞
  • Proper blood and guts performance especially second half. Happy with that point.
    Bowen my MOM.
  • We seemed to set up a bit differently I think; I saw Soucek down the left more this evening than I have done all season. I think it was kinda Rice sitting with Soucek on the left and Paqueta on the right in front of him.
  • Away to Wolves then home to Everton next 2 games. Must win games.
  • Bowen and Paqueta both good imo
  • Villa waste a great chance in the dying seconds, the player rounds the keeper who came out of his box, then scuffed his shot wide. Finishes 1-1, so we stay out of the bottom 3 for now.
  • Buffy see my post at 9.38.
  • Scored from a pen and a great goal (via sloppy Leeds pass rather than build up play) from Scamacca. Its Leeds, they make plenty of mistakes at the back. However, they also play with intensity and tend to score. So whilst the result doesnt surprise me, the fact that we had one shot and one pen on target is concerning considering the defence we played against. I hope it gives us some confidence though!

Good to see Aguerd play from the start
    Paquetta was silky , forward thinking and also up for a battle in midfield
    Kehrer needs an arm around him and to be made to watch videos of when he did good things
  • So nearly won it at the death, Rice pinged a beautiful pass out to Benrahma, who cut inside then his cross shot neither found the target nor Antonio who was lunging in at the far post.

If the rest of the players matched Rice, we’d have won that. The pass was exquisite & set us up to win, Benrahma’s touch was sloppy & meant we lost that chance & in the end he neither shot nor crossed.
  • Paqueta seems to go missing second half
  • Much better in terms of effort and energy, moved the ball much quicker with a number of decent individual performances.

However, on that display, who would have thought that Kehrer was a first team international?,

Fornals was full of industry, has showed us that he is capable of incisive passes and quite tidy in possession, until he is within sight of the opposition box, I literally have no idea what happens to him - he suddenly shows the composure of a teenager on his first prom date.

All in all, I will take the point but more importantly, will take the performance, like others I was perplexed at the team selection, cannot see why Bennie was dropped and, imo, the jury is still out on Coufel and Soucek.

But what do I know

COYI

• edited January 2023

So nearly won it at the death, Rice pinged a beautiful pass out to Benrahma, who cut inside then his cross shot neither found the target nor Antonio who was lunging in at the far post.

My thoughts on seeing the replay was that Antonio didn't make his run earlier. If he had been half a yard quicker he'd have scored (probably).
    #ifCarlsbergdidfinishes

My thoughts on seeing the replay was that Antonio didn't make should have made his run earlier. If he had been half a yard quicker he'd have scored (probably).
    #ifCarlsbergdidfinishes
  • Lukerz said:

So nearly won it at the death, Rice pinged a beautiful pass out to Benrahma, who cut inside then his cross shot neither found the target nor Antonio who was lunging in at the far post.

If the rest of the players matched Rice, we’d have won that. The pass was exquisite & set us up to win, Benrahma’s touch was sloppy & meant we lost that chance & in the end he neither shot nor crossed.
    Blimey! If they all played like Rice we’d be top 4.
  • I don’t think I’ve seen a poorer individual performance than Kehrers tonight, quite remarkable. Improved performances pretty much all round, with the odd exception. 😁
    We got stuck in, 18 free kicks against us, which will hold us in good stead in the coming months, so long as we can find a few goals.
    Encouraging.
    COYI
  • IronHerb said:

Lukerz said:

Blimey! If they all played like Rice we’d be top 4.
    Nah, we'd just miss out on the last day. Probably to Spurs

#Neg Life
  • Leon Osman on MotD pointed out the problem with playing 4-3-3 was that with Soucek and Paqueta playing further up the pitch Rice was often left isolated; Leeds exploited that.

Delighted Scamacca got his goal, that will do his confidence a world of good
  • He’s our joint top PL scorer with 3 and 7 overall
  • Their manager got right on my chest.
    Artetaism at it’s finest.