Other games in the Prem 1 Oct weekend

13ยป

Comments

• Wonder what jessie Lingard is thinking right now
  • Jimmy M doing some tings
    JLingz not so
  • I think Brenda's safe for another week...
  • Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds & Wolves to come for Leicester whilst Forest's next four are Villa, Wolves, Brighton & Liverpool. I reckon Steve Cooper may be in more danger?
  • How did we lose to Forest? Hahaha
  • The only team to do so
  • Lingard subbed after a 'well below his best performance'... Love to read it :)
  • How did we lose to Forest? Hahaha

VAR
  • Before last night I was on 95 points in my FF team with Lingard still to play. All he needed to do was to get through the game without a booking, chip in with a simple assist and I would have got 100 point for the first time. Simple, could he manage that, no. He's out.
  • steve said:

Wonder what jessie Lingard is thinking right now

"That bank balance is looking good ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค‘"
  • If he hadn't messed us around so much I might have an iota of sympathy for him, but as it is I can't help feeling a little smug about how it's going for him. Not sure if that makes me a bad person, but hey ho, I'll live with it. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • I don't really feel anything about Lingard, he's not a West Ham player and that's it

He doesn't need the money as he's been on mega wages at Man U for years and if he was only interested in the money he'd have gone to Saudi, USA or China.

He gambled by signing with a newly promoted team for whatever reason and it's not worked out.

He's not going to get an England call up so basically it's an entire season wasted and he's got a limited number of seasons left
  • I don't think Lingard cares one bit

He signed a 1 year contract...... pretty much confirming the fact he knew that they were likely gonna go down

Hes gonna make a LOT of money and he's gonna make a good bit of money next summer if he's loving on a free again providing they go down

I just hope we don't bother go in for him, he's massively overated based off a 10 game purple patch for us he never showed throughout a 10 year career
  • That ship has well and truly sailed now (I hope).

Won't lie; I wanted him in the summer, as I did last summer. I thought the relationship he had with Moyes and Rice would bring the best out of him and he'd be grateful for the opportunity to play under a manager that clearly rated him and wanted him. I believed that it was a combination of loyalty (to his boyhood club) and hope (that he could force his way into the manager's plans) that kept him at United last year, but I'm not so sure now. Maybe he always wanted the 'free agent' money that Forest were willing to pay him, which is supported by the fact that he only signed a one-year deal (thus giving him the free agent wedge again next summer).

If his form continues as it is, no PL is going to touch him next year, so it'll be off to the MLS or SA for ridiculous money and a rather underwhelming end to what has been a largely underwhelming career.

Thanks for those five months Jesse, but we're done now. Cheers.
  • Inter Miami I hear you say ๐Ÿ‘‚