Other games in the Prem 1 Oct weekend

Comments

• I'm pretty sure Hamstew will be anything but fuming hahaha
  • This. This is why I hate social media:

The wisdom of a person sending a text to the BBC, who posts it on its liveblog...

" I think the huge wage given to Salah has disrupted the whole equilibrium of this Liverpool team. The form of Van Dijk suggests he is unhappy at his current lot."

Seriously???

So tell me how long Salah has been on a huge wage and how the team, and Van Dijk, has performed for that period.
  • Just seen the Chelsea incident, shocking decision, had to be a red for Thiago Silva. Is it any wonder smaller clubs continually feel that the "Sky 6" have an unfair advantage when you see decisions like this? If it's a Palace player he's definitely sent off imo.
  • I'm pretty sure Hamstew will be anything but fuming hahaha

One very happy 🤡
  • MrsGrey said:

This. This is why I hate social media:

The wisdom of a person sending a text to the BBC, who posts it on its liveblog...

" I think the huge wage given to Salah has disrupted the whole equilibrium of this Liverpool team. The form of Van Dijk suggests he is unhappy at his current lot."

Seriously???

So tell me how long Salah has been on a huge wage and how the team, and Van Dijk, has performed for that period.

Is it possible he was given a new deal over the summer? I do agree that it's an odd text to include.
  • Salah was given a hefty new contract. Its not like he wasnt on a good one already. IMO zero to do with why Liverpool are struggling for wins. Sometimes teams go through rough patches and eras end. Liverpools standards have been so high it was always going to be hard to maintain such levels. Only City, with their squad and money seem to be able to.

I believe one of the reasons is they're missing Mane but, in general, an over all slipping of very high standards is probably it.

From a neutrals perspective it would be better if a few teams caught up City as only Liverpool have been in the same ball park for a while now. I dont want a decline in City as I want our teams to be strong in Europe.
  • edited October 2022
    That decision in the Bournemouth game where the ref didn’t overturn his decision after being sent to the monitor; very similar I thought to Coufal last season in the Arsenal away game, which a pen was given for & he was sent off.
  • Lukerz said:

That decision in the Bournemouth game where the red didn’t overturn his decision after being sent to the monitor; very similar I thought to Coufal last season in the Arsenal away game, which a pen was given for & he was sent off.

Yeah, but none of the dirty six were involved so refs are allowed to stick to their guns.
  • Looks like Slav is off to a winning start with watford ,Hope he does well there
  • City ripping Utd to shreds
  • Man City 3-0 up before half time. Haaland on a hat trick again.
  • MIAHammer said:

Man City 3-0 up before half time. Haaland on a hat trick again.

Make that 4-0
  • United fans leaving at half time =)
  • KDB and Haaland in the same team just doesn't seem fair
  • Hope City dont fall off .want utd smased here
  • Another hat trick. Football wise I don’t think he’s much better than Antonio but his brain and instinct for goal are light years ahead.
  • Incredible

Hasn’t someone in this group got both these players in their FF team?

• Foden hat trick now.
  • White trainers and suit trousers, criminal!
  • Bizarrely Utd have won the second half.
  • Bizarrely Utd have won the second half.

And for that they are awarded 'Nil Points'.

Not sure about that, but at least one person has both Foden and Haaland (as captain) in their team.

=)
  • MrsG got “100” points this week. 👏👏
  • Haaland is just ridiculous. After our game people were talking about 40 PL goals but honestly, I think the mark will rather be 60 or 70 if he stays fit and continues as he has so far.
    Probably, if you type HAALAND into FIFA you open up godmode.
  • Just watched the City United highlights. How on earth does Ten Hag think playing one DM in front of an untried defence away to City is going to work? This is van Goal all over again. Maybe a technically astute manager but shows lack of awareness.
    By the way I'm glad United got thrashed.
  • 🦊 🪓 🌳
  • What's worse. Forest or Leicesters goal music