Silkeborg (A) Europa Conference Thursday 15th September 8pm ko BT Sport 2

Comments

• Refs being a bit weird
  • Why did the ref stop that
  • Enjoyed that.

I know it's viewed as a bit of a tinpot competition, but I quite like the ECL. It can be quite entertaining not knowing what the opposition or officials will serve up.

Hopefully we can give Kehrer and Rice some time off in the second half.
  • Not happy with Moyes’ son scoring against his old man though.

#Lookylikey
  • Half time analysis that we’re good at set pieces, but I feel a bit like it’s just Dawson is brilliant at getting his head on the ball.
  • So, an entertaining first half. Various points of interest (in no particular order):

Officials dreadful, 2 offsides against us that looked onside, corner against us that was a goal kick.

Great to see Scamacca score a goal like those on his highlights reel.

Regardless of why the ref didn't give their 2nd, what was Areola doing?

Relief to see Paqueta walking off and then playing on; when they initially showed the replay I thought his ankle might be properly gone (either broken, dislocated or serious ligament damage).

Glorious interchange leading up to Emerson's shot that won the corner Dawson scored from.

Nice to get penalties this season that we often wouldn't have and didn't get in previous seasons.

Good to see Moyes adopting ABR when it comes to who takes our penalties (anyone but Rice).

1 minute added after 4 goals, 2 bookings, and Paqueta's injury. Really?
  • Get a 4th then subs on
  • Btw, the ref is from Portugal, seems a bit card happy there; he's gone 4 yellow, 8 yellow, 6 yellow and 9 yellow with 2 red in his 4 league games so far this season.
  • Paqueta is turning in a very Benrahma-esque performance. Hasn't fired yet tonight.
  • Soucek for Rice.
    Bowen for Scamacca.
    Benrahma for Paqueta.
  • edited September 2022
    alderz said:

Half time analysis that we’re good at set pieces, but I feel a bit like it’s just Dawson is brilliant at getting his head on the ball.

Or sometimes shoulder ;)
  • Our ball retention in this 2nd half has really been quite poor. Unless our defenders are playing ping-pong with each other, w can't seem to string half a dozen passes together.
  • edited September 2022
    Once again we concede from our corner. What was Areola doing just palming that ball out. It was straight at him.
  • Far too complacent this half.

Game ain't over til it's over.
  • Nice one Bowen
  • Bowen at fault for their goal. He had a chance to lay off the ball but tried to get cute and lost it.
  • Game management. Downes should have been on for Lanzini when the subs were made, IMO.
  • edited September 2022
    Bowen poor, Lanzini poor, not sure Areola had much of a chance to do anything but get something in front of a powerfully hit shot which on another night rebounds safely.

Game on now.
  • Nearly 3-3. We are sleepwalking.
  • Good grief. Could have been all square. We're rattled here.
  • I've said it before and I still haven't changed my opinion. Kehrer has yet to prove to me that he's an upgrade over Diop.
  • Hello. Can we just calm down and do the basics right.
  • MIAHammer said:

I've said it before and I still haven't changed my opinion. Kehrer has yet to prove to me that he's an upgrade over Diop.

I feel a bit like that about Cornet.

I remain unconvinced.
  • MrsGrey said:

Hello. Can we just calm down and do the basics right.

Evidently not, as Bowen passes it out of play 😄
  • Can we bring Rice back on?
  • Take off Cornet. He has been appalling in this half. Giving away the ball cheaply and shows complete unawareness to be that far offside in that attack.
  • MrsGrey said:

Can we bring Rice back on?

Downes is basically Rice Light. Really can't understand why he's not on.
  • MrsGrey said:

MIAHammer said:

I've said it before and I still haven't changed my opinion. Kehrer has yet to prove to me that he's an upgrade over Diop.

I feel a bit like that about Cornet.

I remain unconvinced.
    I don't disagree. Although he has shown some good qualities - just not in this half!
  • Very poor last 20 minutes from us there. Took it easy and thought it was a done deal way too early.