lens on live stream this evening ko 5.15pm

Comments

• Take the 0-0 & go home
  • Here we go again.😂
  • Rice has given the ball away more tonight that in the last 5 years
  • The players look like they have no idea what each other are supposed to be doing. So many misplaced passes.
  • Lanzini on for Dawson, Rice to CB?
  • It's all about fitness lads, we'll be fine by next Sunday hahaha
  • Slacker said:

Here we go again.😂

Here he is again 😂
  • Areola out quickly to snaffle out that chance, not sure Fabianski would have done so.
  • Get Downes on, need someone who can pass the ball.
  • Soucek is miss playing most passes
  • Soucek - just ply a simple ball mate! He hasn’t picked out a team-mate all evening!
  • Also why not put Vlasic on for Fornals who hasn't done much either.
  • Some subs coming on shortly
  • Lens hit the bar with a sweet shot
  • Lens hit the bar from a long range effort
  • Vlasic and Coventry on, Masuaku and Benrahma off
  • Downes on for Soucek with only 5 mins left, really, what's the point?
  • You can see why we want a CM, AM & LB/LWB.
  • Will take a point away from home tbf
  • Our first shot of the second half and we hit the bar
  • Lukerz said:

You can see why we want a CM, AM & LB/LWB.

Obviously doesn't help that neither Antonio nor Scamacca played, but the players that usually play in behind our CF, Bowen apart, have been pretty poor at breaking set teams down since Christmas.

Now we hit the bar.
  • edited July 2022
    those 92nd minute friendly substitutions
  • at least we did not give a silly goal away after 90 minutes, apart from that not good
  • 0-0

Good draw going into second leg.

“We’re gonna win Europa league…”
  • edited July 2022
    What a nonsense that was. Ended the game with at least three players out of position. Our False 9 ended up at LWB, our right back went from LCB to RCB and our only midfield runner went to LCB

The only positive in terms of our play is that we looked pretty strong defensively. Ahead of the back three we were absolutely woeful, IMO.

A lot of work to do still, but unfortunately we're now in a position whereby we have to integrate any new players during a period of seven important games.

That was a really frustrating game at the end of a really frustrating pre-season.
  • Fab/Areola didn’t have a save to make. We looked ok at the back but when one of your CMs struggles to pass, the other has an off day, your other plays CF & your reserve LB plays LWB, you can’t really expect much more.
  • Lukerz said:

Fab/Areola didn’t have a save to make. We looked ok at the back but when one of your CMs struggles to pass, the other has an off day, your other plays CF & your reserve LB plays LWB, you can’t really expect much more.

I don't think Rice had an off day. Thought he was clear MOTM for us, but to be honest I think I'd have had a good shot at that if I played instead of him; that's how bad I thought the rest were.

Rice was visibly frustrated throughout the game. So many times he had the ball and kept gesturing for someone to give him an option, but no-one did until Lanzini came on. I get that we were light on forward options, but those that did play in front of him offered absolutely nothing.
  • Ok people, should I get a bet on relegation?