Aston Villa Sunday 2pm (not on TV)

Comments

• Lukerz said:

I think Cresswell is carrying an injury, he has elected to not cross several times & he is also off corner duty as Fornals is taking the side he normally takes

Fornals tends to take them from that side when the keeper is bad with high crosses. I think maybe they’ve identified a weakness in Martinez and are putting it on him.
  • I don’t normally comment until the 90 minutes has played out but this ref deserves a special mention- he’s awful. Stopping play because someone get a ball in the mush? Nah, not having that.
  • We do seem to have become toothless
  • Very even at half time…
    Benrahma a decent first 10-15 mins but faded after that, Fornals continues with his not so great form and Johnson struggling when going forward, all IMO..
    COYI ⚒️
  • edited March 2022
    Also, why does Dawson keep letting the ball bounce

Johnson does need to offer far more as an attacking outlet on the right
  • edited March 2022
    I’d switch Lanzini & Benrahma, Benrahma as No.10 & a Lanzini from the left
  • Antonio down with his hamstrings
  • Antonio going off would be a nightmare
  • He’s going back on, which is also worrying
  • alderz said:

Antonio going off would be a nightmare

He's come back on, but surely only because we've no alternative. Risky imo.
  • And he's down again.
  • Lukerz said:

Frustrating

Nice stuff between both boxes but toothless in the area that counts, which has been the case since the window closed to be fair

I try to stay a bit more measured about this, but I really struggle. Just no Plan B whatsoever in this squad. Again, it sounds like the front two or three are struggling to do anything productive but unless Moyes defies his usual pragmatism, Okoflex and Perkins won't be given an opportunity to try something different.
  • Yarmo coming on.
  • Well we all knew it would happen, supposed it’s taken until March, ironic it’s the week before Sevilla second leg
  • Yarmo coming on.

And there we go. Out of form, out of match practice but still gets the nod over the U23s who have been playing with confidence and are match sharp.
  • Dreadful from Benrahma again.
  • Poor from Lanzini in the box, not sure what he was trying to do.
  • Benrahma is a waste of space
  • Cresswell down now.
  • Told you he was carrying a knock
  • Don't worry, Dave knows what he's doing.
  • Even though it might not look like it hahaha
  • Fredericks coming on by the looks of it.
  • Cresswell down now.

He was holding his groin in the Sevilla game. Same injury this time?

Transfer policy really showing us up now.
  • And like that....seems our season is about to fall apart, Cresswell now down and coming off

Shocking that Yarmolenko was chosen over Perkins

Once again, Moyes needs to take responsibility here for his squad building
  • Poor from Lanzini in the box, not sure what he was trying to do.

Looked like the ball was a little behind him which maybe is why he didn’t take on the shot.
  • Phew, very close, great save by Fab, onto the post and then caught the rebound.
  • Fredericks ahead of Masuaku is mad, IMO
  • edited March 2022
    Fredericks on for Cresswell, Johnson switched to LB.
  • Why not Masuaku?