Liverpool (a) Saturday 5th March 5:30pm Sky Sports

Comments

• We are so much better without as much possession, and as such play on the break.
    Antonio should have scored or passed there.
  • Still in this
  • Benrhama’s delivery is poor. Another good opportunity.
  • edited March 2022
    Chesters will do - hopefully not for Benrahma 😀
  • This half has been a brilliant effort.
  • So proud of this team
  • That was nasty from Jota, could have been red
  • It appears that only Cresswell can cross with his left foot. Benrahma et al cut inside every time. The opposition defence see it coming every time.
  • 5 mins still in this
  • Only thing lacking is a final ball. We mess it up 90% of the time.
  • The fact I'm disappointed to get nothing from this game says a lot about how well we've played.

With Rice and Bowen available for the full 90, who knows, we may have got something.

Just wish we could bottle this level of performance and commitment and show it every week.
  • Was a good effort, unfortunately we may not have 2 of our best players for Sevilla on Thursday. Going to be rough.
  • Disappointed. Three golden chances wasted in that half.
  • Excellent performance. Bring on Seville.

COYI ⚒
  • So frustrating knowing we had two or three chances to even win the game, let alone get a point.
  • edited March 2022
    Great performance apart from the finishing. Noble was really good and showed he still has a role to play off the bench sometimes.

I do feel like over the past 3/4 games we’ve been getting closer to where we want to be, though we’re clearly struggling with the striker role
  • 95 minutes and instead of booting it upfield we take a short goal kick.
  • Two words only from me:
    “OH MANU!”
  • edited March 2022
    Great effort…
    Only Downside: Bowen injured and Benrahma failed to impress…
    Can forgive Lanzini for the miss,and Fornals in the 1st half…we at least found ourselves in that position ⚒️
  • Slacker said:

Two words only from me:
    “OH MANU!”

United lost already then? 😂
  • Not the result we wanted, but a 1-0 defeat at Anfield is pretty good. What is very frustrating is that having created lots of chances, we couldn’t convert them.

We should have stolen (?) a point just for keeping them out as much we did. Thought the defence played well, and we didn’t miss Rice as much as I feared. Lanzini was good today IMO, as were most of the team.

If only we could finish!
  • edited March 2022
    I think we missed Rice in the first 30 mins in particular our defensive shape was all over the place. Once the players adjusted we did very well.

Considering we were without our best player and lost our second best during the match, we did incredibly well and could have won let alone earned (not snatched) a draw.

Sevilla beware.
  • From the BBC -

Jarrod Bowen actually broke a West Ham record for consecutive Premier League appearances today.

He has played in their last 79 league games, breaking Steve Potts' record from 1994 to 1996.

Then he gets injured. 🤦‍♂️
  • Enjoyed Noble's little cameo. Thought he did well. Hope we see a bit more of him in the run-in.
  • Why is it that when a player is clise to an England call up, they get badly injured.
    Poor Bowen.
  • I think that goes to show that as fans on here we don't get on their back just because we lose as everyone is quite rightly stating what a good effort that was and bar some poor finishing from Fornals and Lanzini we would have had a goal or two and come away with something. Bowen is the biggest worry as we really need him against Sevilla. I am hoping as they allowed him to walk off and put weight on his leg that it's not as serious as the grimace on his face suggests.

Quite rightly we noted how teams who assume possession and come onto us allow us to play to our strengths which surely will mean Sevilla will present us opportunities also. Let's be clear Sevilla are a very good side but they are not as good as Liverpool, today we should have come away with a point away at Liverpool so there is no reason we can't do so at Sevilla.
  • Didn't get the chance to watch it so got to go off from what I've heard

Sounds like the lads can be very very proud of yesterday

Playing this Liverpool at Anfield who are currently full steam ahead was always going to be a massive task with us not at our best recently, then you take out Rice and it becomes that much harder....and then Bowen going off midway through....those two have been our standout performers this season, to lose them is huge

But we almost got something out of it, I said at the beginning of the thread that we'd do well here as we prefer playing on the counter, and it showed here

Once again you have to look at our conversion rate, we had the chances to get something but finishing let us down

We go again vs Sevilla, and we can get something there

Gotta pray Bowen is fit but doesn't look good.....also we need Rice back in there, hope his virus isn't serious
  • Any updates floating around about Bowen's injury/recovery?
  • Seems like his Achilles, could be anything from 2 weeks to season ending
  • If its season ending there goes his season ,And there goes ours