Other matches Sat 25th February - Thu 3rd March

Comments

• edited February 2022
    steve said:

What would make it really good is if both could loose =)

History will show it as a boring 0-0 draw, which may be the best we can hope for?!! 😜
  • This penalty shootout is top drawer
  • good tactical sub, not
  • That was simply priceless- he was trying all the gamesmanship and staring them down and ends up being the one who blasts it over

Priceless.

Great game to watch so kudos - but what an ending,
  • Mendy must be gutted
  • MIAHammer said:

Mendy must be gutted

furious not gutted
  • Didn’t want either to win….
    But life throws these curveballs up from time to time, great fun as a neutral fan….
    And after Soucek’s birthday pressie 🥅⚽️🎂⚒️⚒️⚒️😻👍🏻
  • Who brings on a goalkeeper in the last seconds just to face pens .Bad as bringing on a player in the last seconds just to take a pen .Oh thats right we did do that .Never mind forget what i just said =)
  • Wasn't he the 'keeper that wouldn't come off a couple of years ago? Serves him right, love it ( I don't like Liverpool but I like him even less for his disrespectful petulance)
  • It's quite a thing now for managers to out think themselves for no reason regard penalties. It's arguable Southgate cost the team the Euro final, we possibly lost a point against United and now this crazy decision in the Cariboo. The conclusion must be that it's a big risk to expect any player to enter the match at a high pressure moment.
  • did you see the reports that the penalty was finally shot down over Ukrainian airspace
  • edited February 2022
    Watching WBA v Swansea

Grady Diangana failing to impress
  • PGMOL boss Riley called both Lampard and Everton chairman Bill Kenwright on Monday to apologise for the incident, which could prove costly to the club's bid to stay in the Premier League.

Apologised for Everton not getting a penalty, in their 1-0 loss to Man City.

Will be interesting to see what happens if Everton are relegated.
  • They still had to score the pen and City may have come back strong and scored again. They won't be relegated on that one bad decision.
  • I still don't get why it wasn't awarded. Has the VAR commented?
  • I can only assume it was seen as not a clear error as there was some doubt whether it hit the sleeve area.
  • The excuse provided over here on the day was that was an offside prior to the handball, it was not shown which was odd, but I assumed it to be factual and thus a correct decision, the confusing thing was the talking heads the next day pointed to the offside being given after the handball occurred.

Which of course makes no sense whatsoever
  • IronHerb said:

They still had to score the pen and City may have come back strong and scored again. They won't be relegated on that one bad decision.

I agree.

I don't buy into the logic that if X had happened, things would have turned out better overall.

Where X can be any decision....
  • MrsGrey said:

IronHerb said:

They still had to score the pen and City may have come back strong and scored again. They won't be relegated on that one bad decision.

I agree.

I don't buy into the logic that if X had happened, things would have turned out better overall.

Where X can be any decision....
    I agree with this logic, but surely there is precedent for a club arguing that a decision taken has affected their league status. Tevez is an example, Derby's administration. I know they are different as they could have led to points deductions, but they are still examples of clubs taking a decision taking and fighting it through legal routes. I can definitely see Everton sueing, if they go down (which I don't think they will, so it's probably moot)
  • This crazy shirt rule didn't help make the waters clearer for the officials. It's clearly his arm, which is also extended bit its also not clearly below the shirt sleeve, as it covers some arm and sleeve. The referee's can judge what is arm and what is legitimate shoulder without needing look at his shirt. This was worse than Dawson's goal from the corner which I thought we were lucky to get away with.
  • 38 games a season, clubs don't get relegated over one incident in one game and they all get their share of dodgy decisions.
  • Pathetic turn out at selhurst. Thought they were the best fans in the world.
  • oh dear how sad boro scored now hold on
  • And hold on they did
  • Spurs OUT 😭😂⚒
  • happy happy joy joy
  • another year without a cup for Kane, oh dear how sad never mind
  • another year without a cup for Kane, oh dear how sad never mind

This year’s not over yet