Other matches Sat 12th and Sun 13th February

Man U playing Saints at the moment, Pogba in for Fred (Covid) and Sancho just scored

A win puts them above us

Comments

• Yuk, Man U lead...
    Those 2, Fernandes and Ronaldo, puke deluxe.....can't stick their constant moaning and whinging, what fun a minute they must be.
  • edited February 2022
    And its raining in Manchester...

BT Sports commentary team don't seem to know about the rulings on offside flags.
  • Adams equalises

#biggrin
  • Broja looks a really good player. Does most things well.
  • edited February 2022
    Impressed with Southampton.Did themselves proud and did us a favour .
    I even managed to stay awake despite Paul Nytol Scholes droning on in his inimitable style.
  • Ahead of Man Utd on goal difference

How many thought we'd be able to say that a few years ago?
  • edited February 2022
    Another good result for us
  • Southampton doing us some bits recently
  • Would love it if we beat Spurs ,Man u ,Arsenal to 4th .What dreams are made off
  • Everton really good today. Very aggressive pressing and plAying with high energy.
  • Hodgson must be dangerously close to getting the sack...
  • Brighton fans singing it will be in the morning lol
  • Broja looks a really good player. Does most things well.

I wanted us to bid for him in the Jan TF window before Southampton get their paws on him and before the summer when I think his price will get appreciably higher
  • I think the only good thing if rice goes to Chelsea is we may be able to do some deals with their players. Maybe Broja and Gallagher
  • I still don’t think Rice goes this summer. The club are making sounds that they want more than £100m, and that’s not going to happen.

BUT, if it were to happen, I would definitely want the club to be including Broja, Gallagher, and maybe even Anjorin into any deal.
  • I think is probably another example of not being proactive enough in the transfer market.

Broja may have been expensive in January, and may be relatively raw in terms of PL experience, but you just get the feeling that he's going to have a great second half of the season and will either force his way into Chelsea's plans or end up at elsewhere.

Like Baz says, he'll only get more expensive and by the summer he'll probably be out of our range. That's why I don't really buy into this 'January tax' theory. That is, largely, an excuse peddled by chairmen that don't want to spend, IMO.
  • He certainly looks a quality player from what I saw yesterday. Reminded me a bit of Arnautovic but clearly with that bit extra.
  • But don't forget that it was the Man Utd defence, or lack of, that he was looking good against.
  • I think is probably another example of not being proactive enough in the transfer market.

Broja may have been expensive in January, and may be relatively raw in terms of PL experience, but you just get the feeling that he's going to have a great second half of the season and will either force his way into Chelsea's plans or end up at elsewhere.

Like Baz says, he'll only get more expensive and by the summer he'll probably be out of our range. That's why I don't really buy into this 'January tax' theory. That is, largely, an excuse peddled by chairmen that don't want to spend, IMO.

I would imagine it would have been a very complex deal to have got him in January what with being on loan at Southampton ( nobody knows the terms of that deal) and obviously being a Chelsea player. That’s assuming that we even tried of course.
    I’ve seen him three or four times this year and he’s certainly got something about him.
    What we used to call “ A right old ‘andfull.”

• Yeah I don’t think he was gettable in Jan. Who knows what the deal was between Saints & Chelsea but would have been very complicated to get that done.
  • Slacker, Luke 👍

No doubt it would have been a difficult deal, but not an impossible one. I did read that there was a break clause, but obviously can't be sure on that.

We probably would have had to have paid extra for Chelsea to grease the wheels with Southampton, but it may have been cheaper in the long run if Broja continues the form he's shown.

Certainly seems to fit the mould of a Moyes striker, something that very few players do, it would seem.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60155515

Worth a read. It’s based around Scotland but the same applies to us.
  • Spurs 0-2 down at home to Wolves. That's a shame.

Still cannot understand why Conte took that job. Their squad is poor.
  • lets hope my predication comes true finally , 3 more to get Wolves :)
  • Liverpool are up against but I do not know how, Burnley have spurned numerous chances and to my eye, Liverpool are off the pace, especially Salah.

Being honest, not a great game to watch, am going to switch to Spurs as watching them struggle is probably more entertaining
  • newcastle have lost 2 players with injures .We play them next
  • How is that villa goal offside
  • edited February 2022
    I know a draw would’ve been better for us but y ‘know Spurs.
  • Trippier two in two from freekicks.

Luckily we don't have CBs that have a tendency to dive in on the edge of our area...
  • Trippier two in two from freekicks.

Luckily we don't have CBs that have a tendency to dive in on the edge of our area...

Trippier injured today, possibly a bad injury ( he went to hospital for x rays )….