Chelsea (H) - Saturday 4th Dec, 12.30pm

Comments

• edited December 2021
    I do feel Moyes is too afraid of the big teams and it never pays dividends as 90 minutes is more than often too long to be on the back foot allowing them multiple attempts and probing for a goal. The Liverpool match really showed that when we have a go we can cause even the big teams problems. In that match we pinched the early lead from the corner then retreated and they got the inevitable equaliser, we seemed aggrieved at that lead slipping and came out and had a real go and caused them lots of problems and got a deserved win. I would like to see Moyes approach these big teams more aggressively and take the match to them, certainly when at home.
  • Yeah, I think three at the back is a bit conservative, particularly as Johnson isn't great going forward on the left.

Hoping for the best, fearing the worst.

0-2
  • A very defensive line-up. If we concede early Moyes will have to rethink. Surprised to see Ashby on the bench. He was straight red-cared last week in the U-23s and therefore suspended for 3 games. Or don't EPL2 red-cards count for EPL? Can someone clarify please.
  • In all honesty I’m not convinced by this formation but I’d love to get proved wrong. Let’s see how we do. I think it’s important not to play too deep in this one . If we’re pegged back around our penalty area with very little possession then we will we struggle.
  • I like the idea of matching Chelsea's formation as it might be the best way to negate the team which apart from their last match has played the most confident football this season. At least worth trying and adapting later if we cannot produce any probing forward play.
  • First of all I've realised if we'd drawn against Liverpool and beaten Brighton I would have happily accepted it, so the midweek game is out of my system. I'm not expecting much here but hoping for a point.
  • Why play Perkins for 4mins and now not even on the bench .
  • BT Sport have just said West Ham are really benefitting from the poor form of others that would be in the top four. Can they not give us any credit?
  • What on earth was Diop thinking there
  • STOP GOING WIDE ANTONIO
  • Bowen. Doh.
  • Antonio just can't do anything at the moment.
  • Be. More. Clinical.

Three chances now (Bowen, Soucek and Dawson) and none have threatened.

And now our centre forward crosses straight to the 'keeper.
  • edited December 2021
    So frustrating
  • We're doing okay here overall.
  • And Antonio bringing out his Zamora impression
  • Dodger58 said:

And Antonio bringing out his Zamora impression

Being pocketed by Silva and Christensen at the moment
  • edited December 2021
    Brilliant
  • edited December 2021
    That’s dreadful marking from Antonio. And why don’t we put players on the post!!!
  • Antonio completely ignoring his man from a corner.
  • That’s Moyes master plan in the bin
  • Shall we start attacking now

Antonio needs to up his game asap, poor hold up play before that goal
  • Incredible defending by Silva
  • Coufal shot off the line.

That would have been a good response, but Silva does his job well.
  • Frustrating game. I don't think there's been much in it. Antonio let us down defending that corner, and is so out of form up the other end.
  • We're really poor against the high press. No real idea of how to play out of it and retain the ball.
  • Penalty to West Ham. But who to take it...