Chelsea (H) - Saturday 4th Dec, 12.30pm

15678911»

Comments

• Although, Kurt Dawson

There’s got to be a tv action character in there…
  • Lukerz said:

Although, Kurt Dawson

There’s got to be a tv action character in there…

There was. Starring a lantern-jawed William Devane in the title role, as far as I can remember.

• What I imagine Kurt Dawson to look like

• Good comment here from CFCnet:

“ What worried me was not our struggle to score against a deep defence, it was the times they came out and flooded our half and scared the life out of our players. That is very rare since TT arrived.

I think we have to credit Moyes a lot. I mentioned before, I couldn't tell if WHU were playing a deep block or a high press. It kept changing but it did seem the whole team did the same and it was disciplined. It was a clever hybrid approach. Just as we looked so much more organised and playing with a clear plan when TT arrived, WHU looked more organised that us today. I think of the teams we have played only City look this well organised.

We have copied or adapted Pep's old 4 second approach to pressing. WHU have something much more sophisticated.”
  • I think the modern buzz words are ‘counter-press’
  • I’m not sure it is. Counter pressing is immediately pressing after losing the ball. We often get back into our shape and then press from there
  • Pressing? Counter block?

I’m lost (and old).
  • Counter press - isn't that Tiddlywinks ? ;)
  • What I imagine Kurt Dawson to look like

Copyright payable to my bank account please or you’ll be hearing from my lawyers.

• Spuds - a big team. Yeah right, only 35,600 there today.
  • 57,088 according to the BBC.
  • edited December 2021
    I’ve just seen another sky sports video posted where Antonio is doing a social/promotion thing. I swear I see one every week. Does anyone else think that maybe his heads gone with the good run of form? I think he should focus more on his game than doing media stunts every week. He was good in the second half, like 8/10 but his first half was abysmal. Thoughts?
  • You're right. He needs to stick to football because he's been bang average for a while now.
  • Herb, I'm sure I heard the stadium announcer say something like 35,6--.
  • edited December 2021
    Don't understand.
  • Thirty five thousand, six hundred and something.
  • I think we will spot 25000 empty seats on MOTD2 if he was right.
  • Official attendance given as 57,088
  • I stand corrected ;)
  • I've only been able to briefly come on site the last week or so (youre welcome) so only now had the chance to read through all the Chelsea thread at once...

Just wanted to say that having Lanzini back to something like his old self feels like having a new signing (definitely another option plus giving us the ability to give rest to Fornals, Benni etc. Hopefully Vlasic will acclimatize at some point too).

The defence is a bit of a worry though. Assuming Cresswell will be back next game as he didnt seem that bad when going off. Zouma is the worry for me though. Really hoping the scan turns out to be a jarred knee that just needs a little rest.
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/december/07-december/kurt-zouma-and-ben-johnson-injury-update

Zouma has a "hamstring tendon injury" and Johnson has a "low-grade hamstring strain"
  • This is all getting very 'West Ham'
  • We've been lucky for a while now. That appears to have run out; Ogbonna, Zouma, Cresswell, Johnson all suffering recently.

I think with Zouma's history with his knee, I suspect the club will take his recovery really slowly. I'd be surprised if he's back before April.