Man City v Massive West Ham United Sunday 28th November Kick off 1400

edited November 2021 in Match Threads
We might well get roundly trounced but if OCS works his magic in the match thread, who knows, we might win.

Comments

• Sky showing Brentford v Everton instead
  • Going to this one, fearing the worst and hoping for the best.
  • Fabianski
    Coufal , Dawson , Zouma , Cresswell
    Bowen , Soucek , Rice , Masuaku
    Fornals
    Antonio
  • First goal hugely important, if we can nick something first we may be able to keep them out, should they get ahead they will be very hard to break down once they don't need to score.
  • Really another game already ,Think i need to be rested for this one . =)
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Diop - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio
  • Lukerz said:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Diop - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio

Whilst I agree and would like this lineup, I don’t think that’s likely. I think Moyes will stick with the team from the Wolves game. So, Johnson and Dawson for Coufal and Diop, Fornals and Benrahma switching sides
  • Slacker said:

Going to this one, fearing the worst and hoping for the best.

Me too!
  • edited November 2021
    I think we could/should see Lanzini in for Benrahma, with Fornals on the left. Probably not for Moyes though, so he’ll probably stick with Benrahma.
  • I like Johnson, just feel Coufal’s experience will help in this one & feel Diop is better suited to their style of play.
  • Moyes has to work out how to use Coufal and Johnson effectively. I think he might use one as a wingback and one in a back three. Nothing to lose, so : Fab/Johnson Zouma Cress/Coufal Soucek Rice Masuaku/Bowen Antonio Fornals. Hmmm I can imagine the reaction to that XI 😆
  • Slacker said:

Going to this one, fearing the worst and hoping for the best.

Me too!
    And me.
  • Ferran Torres out for the rest of the year, De Bruyne out with Covid

Foden and Grealish back in training, Foden closer to a return
  • WHU won't have too much possession and will need to put in a defensive performance. I wonder of Moyes would revert to a 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation and also count on experience. If so, the team may be as follows:

Fabianski
    Zouma - Diop - Cresswell
    Coufal -Rice - Fornals - Souček - Masuaku
    Bowen - Antonio

We need to get something from this game as Arsenal have crept up.
  • My preference would be wolves team with three changes. Coufal, Diop and Lanzini in for Johnson, Dawson and Benrahma. I think we need a slight shake up and those first three are slightly more consistent at keeping the ball than their counterparts in the latter trio.
  • I agree with the first two but despite his dropping off a little I still think Benrhama can produce something brilliant from nothing, which is what we may need in this match.
  • Such a difficult match this. Man City have so many special players that can unlock a defence. I will leave this for Moyes to decide what to do and then back him on whatever team and formation he starts with.
    I just hope Antonio has one of those games where he causes some havoc.
  • Digging out the long johns, thermal socks, hat and scarf.
    Proper football weather!
    Just hope the boys can put on a display to warm the old cockles.
  • Its freezing up here, you better wrap up with your whole wardrobe hahaha
  • I agree with the first two but despite his dropping off a little I still think Benrhama can produce something brilliant from nothing, which is what we may need in this match.

I think Lanzini has to play though, he’s been excellent whenever he’s played lately. One of fornals and Benrahma should be dropped and I think the former’s work rate takes priority. Can see any two of the three being argued for though.
  • It's now snowing up here.
  • Every time Ben Johnson has played against Man City, he’s done an excellent job (and yes he’s actually faced them a fair few times).
  • Arthur in for Bowen 5 at the back?
  • Interesting line up
  • edited November 2021
    Reckon that's three at the back with Johnson and Arthur as wing backs

Moyes has started with three at the back every time against City since he took over
  • Let’s hope we can attack them still, snow allowing
  • edited November 2021
    A game where we're likely to concede circa 70% possession and will rely on the counter and we've benched one of our quickest forwards 🤔 Not sure I'm a fan of that, to be honest.
  • I think we’ve struggled under Moyes against big clubs when we’ve shown too much respect, and I’m worried that’s what we’re doing here. I’m really surprised it’s Bowen dropped and not Benrahma, but I’m sure we’ll see him second half.

Trust the boss, but this isn’t what I’d have picked.
  • edited November 2021
    Personally, I'd have played Bowen, Antonio and Benrahma as they're our best counter attackers. Maybe a 4-3-3 with Rice, Soucek and Fornals in the middle to try to combat the City's midfield three.

Maybe football suicide, but I don't see too many attacking opportunities with what's out there today.