Genk (a) 5:45pm. Thursday 4 November (BT Sport 3)

Comments

• Unfortunately it's everywhere Slacker.
  • IronHerb said:

Unfortunately it's everywhere Slacker.

The only thing that differs is how below the surface it hides, sadly in my view the politics of the last few years have encouraged it to raise its head above the surface again more and more.
  • A 55 year old was arrested yesterday afternoon as he left the plane at Stansted on suspicion of committing a hate crime. I’m sure others will be arrested soon.
  • That's the problem. It's not like it's uneducated kids, it's uneducated middle aged Neanderthals
  • It’s the same type of people who think everyone else is a snowflake and vote for brexit. It’s all part of the same school of angry, hateful, divisive politics.
  • I saw this on Twitter and thought I should share:
    “ The fan who lost his finger last night has a new nickname... Pablo Fournails
  • yoyo said:

That's the problem. It's not like it's uneducated kids, it's uneducated middle aged Neanderthals

Who procreate and have uneducated kids. Who become middle-aged Neanderthals. And so the cycle continues.

Every fanbase, every workplace, every family has this element unfortunately. They've always been there and I suspect always will be; the truly upsetting part is they now feel like they have the right to demonstrate their ignoramce and hate because this Government has legitimised it by doing it themselves.
  • Apparently we have been fined 25k and no away support allowed for Rapid Vienna game
  • That's right. Anyone want to a plane ticket? 🤯
  • A handful of idiots ruining it for the majority.

Even worse, these idiots are so idiotic that they’ll probably go to Vienna and cause problems in the pubs and streets anyway. Because they aren’t there for the football anyway - they’re there to be idiots with their idiot friends.
  • Not that I'm a big fan of 'whataboutery', but what about the violence from the Vienna fans in London? Were they punished with a ban?

Not saying we haven't deserved the ban necessarily (I wasn't there so have no idea what did/didn't happen), but if Vienna fans caused trouble at our ground, where's their ban? 🤔
  • Ok, just had a look, Vienna fans were banned for the next game.

As you were.
  • There are likely to be as many West Ham fans in the home end in Vienna than the 'official' 1700 that were to be in the away end.
  • We need to get this sorted one way or the other. Either get it rescinded or accept it as delaying it if confirmed could see our fans banned from our first away knockout game.
    Calling these “fans” morons is crediting them with more brains than they actually deserve.
  • edited November 2021
    Such a shame. We qualify for Europe properly, have a great team, with a real chance of progressing, loyal excited fans and a few idiots spoil - it just so disappointing
  • We need to get this sorted one way or the other. Either get it rescinded or accept it as delaying it if confirmed could see our fans banned from our first away knockout game.
    Calling these “fans” morons is crediting them with more brains than they actually deserve.

So what about the fans who have forked out for the Vienna game?
  • My son booked his flight and hotel ages ago.

He’s not happy.
  • I've booked a same day in and out flight. Fortunately the company, Sport Options, have emailed today to say they will refund if we are not allowed to travel.
  • The club have said they’ll refund ticket money
  • They have to.
  • let's hope they behave themselves at out last home match against Zagreb as otherwise we ill get more sanctions for the knockout stages.
  • Problem is a lot of those with tickets for the Vienna game could be the same people who caused the trouble at Genk.
  • Problem is a lot of those with tickets for the Vienna game could be the same people who caused the trouble at Genk.

I am still unsure at what the trouble was?

I am still unsure at what the trouble was?
    From what I've seen on social media, apparently it was due to a flare being let off in the ground. But there were widespread reports of the anti-semitic singing on the plane, so maybe it's more than one thing.
  • Another report was a large group of fans stormed a gate forcing stewards to open it into the stadium?
  • I understand if it's for the antisemitism, even if that may seem harsh because of the small number involved.

But if it's actually for flares, that's ridiculous. Galatasaray fans were throwing so many flares around against Marseille the game was stopped for about 10 minutes. Its so normal in European football.
  • edited November 2021
    CEDB: KRC Genk v West Ham United FC
    Last updated 11/15/2021 17:30
    The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has announced today the following decision:

Match: 2021/22 UEFA Europa League group stage match KRC Genk vs. West Ham United FC (2:2), played on 4 November in Belgium

Charges against West Ham United FC:

- Crowd disturbances, Art. 16(2)(h) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)

- Throwing of objects, Art. 16(2)(b) DR

Decision:

The CEDB has decided:

- To fine West Ham United FC €30,000 and ban the sale of tickets to its away supporters for the next one (1) UEFA competition match, for crowd disturbances.

- To fine West Ham United FC €4,500 for throwing of objects.

As I understand it a smoke bomb was thrown onto the pitch and there was some 'skirmishing' when West Ham fans were ejected from the home end.
  • Looks like no-one will be going to Vienna: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59343650
  • That should help anyone worried about losing money on bookings.