NINE down - 11 to go. (Managers, that is.) ... (27.02.2022)

Comments

• United to hire the creator of the counter press, famed for high energy, hard working teams, the man who championed the Red Bull model of signing young unproven players, a man who has never won a major trophy.

Because they have a team of high profile individuals who don’t run, don’t work as a team, and can’t get over the line to win anything.

🤔
  • Hope that it all goes amazingly girly bumps up for him =)
  • Bilic jnt 4th favourite at 10/1 for Everton job. I know he played for them but I can't see that
  • Odds just reflect what punters are guessing... Anyone with a connection to Everton.

Bookies just trying to minimise potential losses.
  • I hope they ask Roy Hodgson to take over until the end of the season.
  • "Quote" rel="claretandbluesky">I hope they ask Roy Hodgson to take over until the end of the season.
    Interested to know why? Because he'll save them from relegation or make sure they get relegated? Personally, after certain North London teams and Newcastle, Everton are the team I enjoy a good snigger at

• Think there were plenty of hammers who would've liked Rafa, especially just before Moyes returned

Really has been awful his stint at Everton hasn't it
  • BBC reckon Everton have approached the Belgian FA about Roberto Martinez even though Martinez was sacked by Everton's current board in May 2016
  • Think there were plenty of hammers who would've liked Rafa, especially just before Moyes returned

I definitely wasnt one of them and voiced so at the time. He always seemed like a manager that was way past his sell by date (and is)
  • edited January 2022

"Quote" rel="claretandbluesky">I hope they ask Roy Hodgson to take over until the end of the season.
    Interested to know why? Because he'll save them from relegation or make sure they get relegated? Personally, after certain North London teams and Newcastle, Everton are the team I enjoy a good snigger at

Purely malicious, just wanted another manager connected with Liverpool to wind all the toffees up.

I see they are looking at Martinez if reports are correct, I don't rate him at all and could easily take them down.
  • C&Bsky: I hadn't thought of the Liverpool connection...snigger. There may be may be more sniggers ahead if they appoint Martinez to fail again😁

I really wanted Rafa , but that was when we hired Pellegrini instead ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • I actually don't think Rafa is a bad manager but it just hasn't worked for whatever reason at Everton, we need only look at our current manager to know how sometimes that's just how it goes.
  • Another one down, Watford looking for 3rd manager THIS SEASON!!
  • edited January 2022
    Has nobody told them the definition of insanity?
  • checks email in case its my turn to manage them
  • Might throw my hat in the ring for the Watford job just for the payout 3 months later. How much do you think the Watford owners have doled out in compensation packages over the last few years.
  • The owners wife is a client of my son and he often jokes to her that he will take over when they sack their fourth of the season. She normally responds with never say never and admits he’s trigger happy.
  • To be fair i thought he was a bad appointment, not the manager for a relegation scrap.

I know it's a bit of a cliche now but Big Sam will give them as much chance as most of scrapping survival. With only a week of the transfer window left unless they intend to spend its about getting the defence to work as a unit and be difficult to break down and trying to find another ten percent from players that maybe don't even know they have that to give.
  • Isn’t their next game against us.

Oh yes
  • Of course there next game is against us
  • In fact they play Burnley next
  • edited January 2022
    Hamstew said:

Isn’t their next game against us.

Oh yes
    And it's my birthday (booked the day off)

Just noticed that Watford's Chairman is our ex-Chief Exec Scott Duxbury, responsible for the dodgy Tevez/Mascherino deal and selling players against Curbishley's wishes.

It seems he helped the Pozzo family to buy Watford in 2012, was made chairman and brought in fellow Boleyn outcasts Gianluca Nani as Technical Director and Gianfranco Zola as manager (Zola left in 2013, Nani in 2014).

Seems he hasn't improved with age

I think they have a rearranged fixture against Burnley on the FA cup weekend.
  • I think they should bring in a rule, just for the Pozzo family, that a team can't have more than two managers in a calendar year just like a player can't play for three teams in the same period. =)
  • Roy Hodgson getting the job, probably until Easter.
  • I dont see what he will do better than Ranieri. Glad its not Allardyce