NINE down - 11 to go. (Managers, that is.) ... (27.02.2022)

Comments

• c&bsky, Doesn’t Farke have that as well?
  • The thing with Farke is, he has only experienced life in the bottom 3 of the Premier league.
  • Preston, 👍 plus gaining promotion which according to the “experts” Norwich will be looking to do again next season. They are similar to WBA who go up don’t buy massively and then use the Premier League money to come back up usually.
  • I agree Fortune. I was surprised they got rid of him as he had done well for them and their expectations of being further up the table were not realistic unless backing him to the degree a Premiership manager needs.

It's the big dilemma every promoted club is faced with, do they risk investing to stay up or just hope they can manage it without the financial outlay and accept their fate if it doesn't work out. Norwich appear to have found fault in the manager rather than their strategy. Norwich did bring in a few players but the highest price was 9.9m where as they sold what was arguably their star player for 34m...... to Smith at Villa.

Their best bit of business on paper was the loan of Billy Gilmour from Chelsea but it doesn't seem to have worked out as expected.
  • Well you have to actually play him to find out with it will work or not.
  • So Dean Smith is back & in record time. First game v Southampton who were the opponents in his last game for the Villa.
  • There is some slight irony that I feel Villa could do worse than hire Farke, and Norwich do worse than hire Smith.

Claiming some credit here...

50% of the time I'm right all the time.
  • That reminds me of Ron Bergundy hahaha
  • I'm already irritated by Howe. He used the word philosophy twice in his first press conference.
  • edited November 2021
    Imagine how the players feel MrsGrey =)
  • Put the ball in the back of the net more times then the team your playing against is what he needs to work on. Philosophying your way out of it, won't cut the mustard.
  • steve said:

Imagine how the players feel MrsGrey =)

They can comfort themselves with their gazillion $$$$$$ .

I have no sympathy!
  • I like your philosophy MrsG. 😉
  • Well the philosophising didn’t help much as he’s tested positive for covid and misses his first match.
  • Socrates smoked two packs a day...
  • edited November 2021
    The worst football philosophy is Niallism

The belief that all values are baseless, that nothing can be known or understood and the best tactic is playing route one to a 6' 4'' Irish centre forward
  • I was guilty of thinking Niall Quinn after reading the first line and then quickly having my thunder taken away when I read on and realized that was the whole point!! ;-/
  • Ole to be gone?
  • I'd be amazed if he's still manager after the 4-1 defeat. I cant comprehend what reasons the board would state to keep him on??
  • OGS - Ole's Going Soon, Ole's Getting Sacked

=)
  • Baz, Champions League this week so I will be surprised if he goes before then but you never know?
  • If they do sack Ole who would replace him?

Let's keep our fingers crossed they don't come sniffing after Moyes...
  • If they were going to sack him it would have been better to do it before the break. But maybe they used the break to make a few contingency plans. Tbh, it's such an intensive period coming up, it would be brave to sack him right now.
  • I do wish that we had the old Spanish system where a manager couldn't be replaced during the season. Christian Gross was doing a sterling job with the spuds many years ago =)
  • It would be good if clubs could only change in transfer windows or a similar manager transfer window just before January
  • Where would the fun be in that alderz
  • edited November 2021
    How Ole has got away with it for so long amazes me…
    IMO not one other PL team would go near him if looking for a new manager and he was available at that time…
    I really hope he doesn’t get the sack, but if not, WOW …..
  • Lost Maguire for the next match also, not good for a visit to Chelsea next! How many will they put past them now?
  • Ole to be sacked, according to various media sources
  • Shocked he's lasted this long

Hes well worth the sack, but even so you think the club would make a change just to get him out the firing line, the abuse he receives from neutrals, United fans and the media is horrible