Other matches Saturday 11th - Monday 13th September

Palace v Tottenham 12:30 BT Sports

Not a good international break for Spurs

Along with the two Argentinians Davison Sanchez is also in quarantine after playing for Colombia while Bergwijn, Sessegnon, Skipp and Son are all facing late fitness tests after picking up various injuries over the last two weeks

I dislike Palace but it would be amusing if they could do us a favour

Comments

• I'm not sure Hamstew would be amused.
  • If we are top of the league by Monday I'm sure he'll be fine
  • No Son, Bergwijn or Sessegnon for Spurs,

22yo Japhet Tanganga plays at CB, he has started at RB for the last three games, with new signing from Barcelona 22yo Brazilian RB Emerson Royal getting his first team debut

Winks and Kane come in for Son and Bergwijn

Spurs looking a bit fragile at the back

I'm sure my Dad used to send me down the newsagents for 20 Emerson Royals...
  • edited September 11
    Eric Dier injured, replaced by Joe Rodon, average age of Spurs back four 22¾

Zaha falling over whenever he gets a hard look; plus ca change...

• Hoping for a draw here .Cant stand either
  • Spurs down to 10
  • Ben Davies on for Harry Winks, Spurs now playing with two left backs and two right backs
  • Whoops Rodon is a CB, Tanganga was RB playing CB
  • Penalty to Palace
  • Oh dear how sad
  • 2-0, Edouard scores within 27 seconds of coming on
  • No-one likes to see that :-)
  • Now get another 3 for my prediction
  • Benteke's place in the starting XI looking a bit shaky
  • Not as shaky as spurs =)
  • Manager of the month strikes again
  • I get no staisfaction in this result, can't stand Palace, IMO just as bad as Spurs.
  • 3-0, Edouard gets a second
  • I don't detest Palace as much as I detest Zaha but if we go top I will be very grateful to Croydon for at least a week
  • Edouard looked good, I wonder why we didn’t show any interest in him? 🤔
  • Edouard looked good, I wonder why we didn’t show any interest in him? 🤔

Because Moyes wanted to spend money elsewhere.
  • I’m happy with the result. Don’t like either Palace or Spurs but I expect us to be closer in the league to Spurs than Palace this season.
  • Arsenal V Norwich. Well, there's a " six pointer" game!
  • edited September 11
    Great start to the w/e!
    Palace were by far the better team, Spurs were bang average, which was nice.
  • Jorderz, From the man himself -

“We would have liked to have brought in someone who could directly replace Mich during the window. [Someone] Who could possibly help him out but we just could not find anyone,” the manager said.

“We have to try and find other ways of doing it and bringing other people who in we think can score goals in a different way.

“Keeping Mich fit is really important for us, we will not play him in all of the games but will try and use him at the right times.”
  • West Ham Women only named 4 subs today whilst Aston Villa had eight! I worry they are going to struggle this season with their lack of strength in depth a bit like the men's team?
  • i think the women team are favourites for relegation.
  • No greater compliment to how far we have come that teams are parking the bus at home!
  • Yeold, For some reason they are predicted to finish 10th by "those in the know" but they let so much talent leave and haven't really replaced them whether in number or ability so it looks likely to be a long hard winter ahead for them.