Other matches Saturday 11th - Monday 13th September

Comments

• Oh God Ronaldo’s just scored. Let the love in be unconfined. :p
  • Jorderz, From the man himself -

“We would have liked to have brought in someone who could directly replace Mich during the window. [Someone] Who could possibly help him out but we just could not find anyone,” the manager said.

“We have to try and find other ways of doing it and bringing other people who in we think can score goals in a different way.

“Keeping Mich fit is really important for us, we will not play him in all of the games but will try and use him at the right times.”

I'm not really sure what you want me to say. Edouard was available and affordable given the £60m we spent in the summer.

So obviously Moyes didn't fancy him and decided to spend money on Vlasic and Zouma instead.
  • If the games finish as they are now, M.O.T.D is going to be dull
  • If the games finish as they are now, M.O.T.D is going to be dull

Think you mean "Ronaldull'
  • Every game today, bar Man United, has been goalless at half-time.

I wonder if it's an effect of so many players having to play three international games (lots of pointless friendlies among them) all over the world in two weeks.
  • Every game today, bar Man United, has been goalless at half-time.

I wonder if it's an effect of so many players having to play three international games (lots of pointless friendlies among them) all over the world in two weeks.

Obviously FIFA are doing this review into the international calendar at the moment. I’d love it if they just moved all international games to April through to May, and then just had club seasons run August to March. The breaks really disrupt form
  • Jury out on Edouard for me. Spurs marking for both, especially the second which was non existent, allied to him taking 3 touches before he shot the second in (how many times will anyone be afforded that much time) and the first goal seemed awkward in control too. Not knocking him but also not convinced with that sort of control he'll do that well. Maybe that'll lift his confidence up high enough though...
  • The Spurs defending on the second goal was comedy
  • The Spurs defending on the second goal was comedy

I actually thought that it was outstanding =)
  • Filthy lids

Without being sure if you’re words do relate to the derogatory term used for people of the Jewish faith I find it a little insulting.
    I am sure you meant no harm , but as a Jewish person ( albeit a non religious, bacon 🐽 eating one ) it isn’t the nicest of names to use and although it doesn’t really bother me, it might just bother others ….
    No worries , just wanted to raise this point, and if it means something totally different, forget all of this!! 👍🏻
  • Jay, I think whupathman was referring to a short name for Leeds Utd and the fact they were considered a dirty team back in the day and they were called filthy Lids short for Leeds. I know the term to which you are referring but I’m convinced pathman wasn’t referring to that. Hope I haven’t offended you by trying to clear this up. =)
  • That’s great Giant, I’m happy to have misunderstood it🤣👍🏻
  • Giant I agree with what you’re saying as I remember them being called that years ago and I always thought it strange then that a shortened version of Leeds was only one letter short but took just as long to say.
  • I’m happy, just hadn’t noticed any references to Leeds in the posts above it ….
  • I’m happy, just hadn’t noticed any references to Leeds in the posts above it ….

I'm sure that if you consult with Wombat you will be extremely well informed regarding Leeds United =)
  • edited September 2021

Filthy lids

Without being sure if you’re words do relate to the derogatory term used for people of the Jewish faith I find it a little insulting.
    I am sure you meant no harm , but as a Jewish person ( albeit a non religious, bacon 🐽 eating one ) it isn’t the nicest of names to use and although it doesn’t really bother me, it might just bother others ….
    No worries , just wanted to raise this point, and if it means something totally different, forget all of this!! 👍🏻
    apologies and I was unaware of this so will ask for it to be deleted, was not meant to be anything other than a humorous mispronunciation of Leeds
  • Filthy lids

apologies and I was unaware of this so will ask for it to be deleted, was not meant to be anything other than a humorous mispronunciation of Leeds
    Thanks, not necessary for your post to be deleted as it had no reference to what I was thinking…. My bad 👍🏻⚒️
  • If you say Leeds in Leeds accent it sounds like Lids.
  • edited September 2021
    It was clearly a response to the severe injury of Harvey Elliot, although to be fair I am not convinced there was malice involved in the tackle, just a risky one that went badly wrong. Only the player himself knows.
  • Let's just all agree to hate Palace
  • edited September 2021
    The ref never even blew for a free kick but according to SKY commentary he was going to give a red and VAR just checked to make sure it was the correct decision. Officials still messing up big time.
  • To be fair, Elliott himself came out to say that Struijk had nothing to apologize for and that it was not a red - just a freak accident.

Pretty classy in the current day and age
  • Klopp won't be happy with that. How can he rail about the new contact rules now? 😂
  • edited September 2021

To be fair, Elliott himself came out to say that Struijk had nothing to apologize for and that it was not a red - just a freak accident.

Pretty classy in the current day and age

Yes, a shame that this isn't the norm (we all know when playing and getting tackled or not whether the other player has intentions to follow through/leave something in there. I converted to center mid when 15 and had no trouble kicking the ball going into a tackle and following through. A pleasure to see them pull out of the next tackle :) I loved to slide tackle too and always got both the ball and the player. Maybe I should've played for Leeds back in the day!).

I'll be interested if Leeds appeal. That said, its Leeds ;)

• I'm sure I read that they have appealed but doubt they'll over rule it.
    When you see the tackle that Tarkowsky put in on Richarlison on Monday you wonder where we're going. That would have been at least three reds last season. 😀
  • Although not against proper tackles going in and the refs not giving falling over primas an easy free kick, I do wonder how ref consistency on this is going to pan out...
  • edited September 2021
    IronHerb said:

I'm sure I read that they have appealed but doubt they'll over rule it.
    When you see the tackle that Tarkowsky put in on Richarlison on Monday you wonder where we're going. That would have been at least three reds last season. 😀

The ref in the match you mentioned ( Everton v Burnley) will be reffing on Sunday at the London Stadium…
    Martin Atkinson 😙
  • IronHerb said:

I'm sure I read that they have appealed but doubt they'll over rule it.

Correct- His appeal was unsuccessful… missing 3 games including their game V us.
  • Guess who's scored on his Champion's League debut *runs away*