Declan Rice

Comments

• The thing is, Rice has two years on his contract after this one, and we have a 12mth option to extend it to 2025. He might say he wants to leave to play Champions League football this summer, but he's also under contract so any purchasing teams need to pay what we want - which is going up every week.

I think he'll be here next season, personally.
  • Alderz, let's pray that you're right.
  • edited December 2021
    I think his intention is to leave as otherwise he would have signed a contract as he is realistically taking home around 50-100k less each week than he could be had he signed one. This says he wants to go. The only question is do we hold on for one more year of the three he has left (including the extension), which would probably cost us a large chunk in transfer fee, maybe 70m plus instead of 100m plus (guessing). To realise the greatest fee he needs to be sold in the summer, I hope he can somehow be persuaded to stay but if not I would probably trust Moyes to spend the money well.

I would prefer him go City out of those that may be able to afford him. I would hate for him to go to Newcastle and I imagine if they stay up they will take an interest as he is ideal to build a team around.
  • Newcastle😂😂😂
  • If he goes to Newcastle, he's dead to me.
  • edited December 2021
    I don't imagine he will for a minute but i would expect them to try as if they stay up they will be competing for all the big names, in theory they may offer a premium in transfer and wages as they will need to to tempt! This could push up the eventual price in our favour anyhow.

I am hoping they go down and have to spend fortunes to get last pay day hasbeens on huge wages just to try and get themselves up again.
  • They will be competing for all the big names, but that will be in around five years time when they get promoted out of the Championship.
  • Chelsea could be a big mistake for young Dec. He'll be rotated and lose momentum; a new manager might decide he's a CB; Mason Mount will be jealous if his wage is less than Dec's... oh who am I kidding, it's inevitable 🙁
  • Hugh Southron at C&H reckons that thanks to Kretinsky joining the board we will offer Rice a new 4 year contract that would make him West Ham's highest paid player ever

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-prepare-historic-rice-offer/
  • I thought he had been offered that before Kretinsky joined.
  • Interesting that Chelsea's James isnt on the list. I think Trent and Cancelo should be higher too

I'm assuming its this year as in end of last season and this current one combined. If thats the not the case (as Ronaldo is listed) I have no clue why KDB for example is on there!

Now I've had a couple of looks at the list there's a whole lot wrong with it so I should just simplify it mentally and know the only reason its here is because of Dec's no2 placing (and breath)
  • Who voted, when and where?

Without context, it's not really worth anything.

Vaguely interesting...
  • As soon as you see Harry Kane's name on the list you know its not worth much. He has not even been a favorite of Spurs fans this year let alone anyone else.
  • From the Mirror,
    "After almost 150,000 votes in the Fans' Footballer of the Year, Mohamed Salah has been crowned champion over Declan Rice, Bruno Fernandes and Phil Foden".
    If that is where Hamstew got it from.
  • So, a poll of Mirror readers? Do I deduce correctly?
  • Don’t think they asked me or anyone I know.
    Probably a bunch of bloggers down the pub one night.
  • It was available online.
  • You can always Google, took about 5 seconds and there it is

https://www.mirror.co.uk/fans-footballer-of-the-year/
  • You can always Google, took about 5 seconds and there it is

https://www.mirror.co.uk/fans-footballer-of-the-year/

What is this “Google “ of which you speak?

• Google, it's when you stare at something too long, like the telly or a bit of eye candy.
  • https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/12507939/declan-rice-has-become-the-complete-midfielder-at-west-ham-thanks-to-scanning-ball-carrying-and-tackling

I found this a really interesting read, especially the ‘scanning’ aspect. You can always see Declan checking around before he receives the ball and while he has it, but didn’t realise quite how much he’s doing it.
  • Do you think he would have a word with Diop?
  • Do you think he would have a word with Diop?

He'd have to Google scanning...
  • Just seen a Panini advert on TV and it was all about Declan Rice.

When was the last time one of our players was getting so much media attention?

Proper star boy.
  • Just seen a Panini advert on TV and it was all about Declan Rice.

When was the last time one of our players was getting so much media attention?

Proper star boy.

Why was Declan the main focus of an advert for bread?
  • edited January 2022
    Because he's just about to make a lot of it.
  • so Rice is still our player =)
  • Declan doing ads for a rival carb seems wrong.
  • Panini = Italian ... a clue to his next club, a 'come and get me' message? ;-)