Olympic Games 202(1)

2ยป

Comments

• He's furious ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
  • Yes & he was to blame.
  • edited August 2021
    If you are watching, fortune, I hope you made a note of that trivia quiz info given then ๐Ÿ˜ƒ in the presenter waffle!?

I'll be testing you later:-)
  • edited August 2021
    They are still sorting out the outcome of that crash after a couple of hours. ๐Ÿค”
  • I'm hoping the beeb might show a bit of the climbing events from earlier. Would have been interested in what that's all about.
  • On now. Yay.
  • Surprised no-one has mentioned it, amazing performance by both guys in the 400m hurdles, both miles inside the old world record, with the winner, Warholm of Norway, knocking .76s off his own world record, a huge chunk of time.
  • this must be a games where the most OR / WR have been broken, every Cycling event a record is being broken. its crazy.
  • Surprised no-one has mentioned it, amazing performance by both guys in the 400m hurdles, both miles inside the old world record, with the winner, Warholm of Norway, knocking .76s off his own world record, a huge chunk of time.

Middle of the night for me. But amazing times ... I saw the winner made some controversial remarks about the new spikes.
  • Holly Bradshaw claimed Britain's second track and field medal in Tokyo and finally landed her first major championship podium finish with pole vault bronze.

In her interview she actually said ".. I've had so many ups and downs ..."

I expect she has ... in the Pole Vault
  • I watched some more of the climbing. It was astounding. And very dramatic - the final competitor in the final event of the final was the only one to make it to the top. A great way to end.

The gold medallist is 18. B)
  • You mean he peaked at the right time. ๐Ÿง—๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

• The women Madison riders destroyed the rest of the field to win gold.
  • Fantastic to watch, incredible there weren't more crashes, it looked chaos at times!
  • It's strangely compelling.
  • I thought i don't want to watch a 25k bike ride but five minutes later I couldn't take my eyes off it. brilliant.
  • It was amazingly straightforward, I think they won 10 of the 12 sprints and were placed in the other 2.

Also lovely for Laura Muir to get a silver in the 1500m, did wonder if she was going to be one of those destined not to get a global medal after a number of near misses at previous championships.
  • I've watched track cycling live several times and it is even better than on the box. I was thinking that the two Brits could have pushed for another lap, too, just to nuke the rest of the field. They were so dominant it was scary.
  • I never realised that the banking on the bends is set at 45 degrees. There was a view from a camera on the back of one of the bikes that made it look like a vertical wall. I think Chris Boardman said you need to be doing 50kph just not to fall over. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
  • Apparently the one in Moscow is even steeper. That's according to Victoria Pendleton.
  • Chris Hoy said that yesterday, plus (I think) it is taller - he said 'that's where you go if you want to set records'!

Talking of angles - that climbing was mental.
  • edited August 2021

• OCS does that.
  • Have they got bags round their waists? ๐Ÿ˜
  • It's a handicap race.
  • I take it all back. The sports I watched were all top class, and great entertainment. The Testosterone and drug problem remains, however. It seems all results are challenged these days. I expect Trump to start legal action against anyone who beat an American any moment now. =)