England Vs Denmark

124»

Comments

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57758657

Has anyone noticed that there were 2 balls on the pitch leading up to the penalty? Watch from 6 seconds in.
  • I saw that but thought it was my imagination. It seemed strange because the ref had a throw in retaken because of a second ball but this went unnoticed
  • How odd.
  • I was happy to see England control the game from the 2nd half onwards for large spells and the fact we tried to win the game rather than worry about losing it . A good performance against a decent Denmark team .
  • I didn’t think it was a penalty but I thought England deserved to win.
  • Anyone know why Grealish was subbed? Was it an injury or was it tactical?
  • Tactical. Southgate said no injury.
  • I don't know why I thought being forced out of the stadium's might make people appreciate it more. Behaviour seems worse than before.
  • And some people wonder why alot of foreign fans don't like us. Idiots doing the country no favours
  • penalty or no penalty ( I side with I think it was one and if it happened against us I wouldnt have been happy but would accept the decision as a valid penalty in the circumstances).

That aside, the more important thing(s)... I was born just prior to the '66 world cup so I, alongside others my age and a little older, have waited a very long time to see England in a final! We were the better side and in extra time the team that was actually trying to win. I am overjoyed but it really will not sink in until just prior to the final and I'll revert to being a bag of nerves.

If we lose, I will still be happy we got there and will try to temper my disappointment (unless we lose unluckily and it will feel like all the other times we've not had the luck on our side over many tournaments and years)

The cherry on the top? A year when we made a final and West Ham qualified for Europe proper!
  • Found this on Denmark's equivalent to the BBC.

https://www.dr.dk/sporten/fodbold/em/schmeichel-forstyrret-af-groen-laser-ved-straffesparket-se-situationen-her

This disgraceful behaviour by just one idiot could bring so much hate towards England.
    Although looking at Schmeichel's expression, he didn't seem to notice it.
  • edited July 2021

Found this on Denmark's equivalent to the BBC.

https://www.dr.dk/sporten/fodbold/em/schmeichel-forstyrret-af-groen-laser-ved-straffesparket-se-situationen-her

This disgraceful behaviour by just one idiot could bring so much hate towards England.
    Although looking at Schmeichel's expression, he didn't seem to notice it.

we're already hated by everyone as it is. Not that i condon exacerbating it any further. But its hard to find many other countries fans who would back England against Italy put it that way.
  • IronHerb said:

Danish cheats anyone? 😂

I prefer their pastries =)
  • Thought Walker was absolute quality last night 👌🏻
  • We are very much the Millwall of Europe, from a high point of the London Olympics it's all been run downhill since it seems. Booing the knee, Booing the opposing fans national anthem, shining a laser in the keepers eyes, we never seem to miss an opportunity to showcase just how ignorant we are at our worst, and there is little doubt the worst of us have never been as emboldened as they are at present.
  • You've only got to look at the Eurovision song contest to see we're hated in Europe. To be honest I couldn't care less.
  • That's the Millwall way. What is their chant? everyone hates us and we don't care!
  • You've only got to look at the Eurovision song contest to see we're hated in Europe. To be honest I couldn't care less.

Except that it's an entry from the UK not England. ;)
  • Ah! So it must be the other home nations that Europeans dislike then. 😂
  • I care, I would hope that the way we behave would mean that other countries welcome and engage with us. It is possible to have a fierce rivalry and be generous and respectful to others cultural traditions and icons at the same time imo.
  • I agree. Booing national anthems and pointing a laser pen in the eye of the goalkeeper at a critical moment might seem small, but I could see other countries considering it when it comes to deciding where future World Cups are held.
  • World Cups will be held wherever FIFA can make the most money .
  • For the record, I don't agree with idiots booing other teams national anthems, pointing laser pens in opposing teams players eyes or any other loutish behaviour.
    The mentality of some England fans are that of Neanderthal morons.